148 - Mourning *Modern*

"Breaking News. The French and Scottish royal families have confirmed the death of the Queen Mother of Scotland, Dowager Duchess of Moray, Queen Marie de Guise-Stuart. This unfortunate news had undoubtedly left the Queen of France and Scotland, newly titled Princess of Wales, devastated. We here, at Paris International News, send our deepest condolences towards Queen Mary of France and Scotland, as well as the de Guise Clan within the French borders. The Queen's half brother, the Earl of Moray, James Stuart, has confirmed that the Queen Mother of Scotland had been suffering with terminal cancer of the breast and the lung. The Queen Mother had reportedly been suffering with her affliction for eighteen months, and Queen Marie died peacefully in her sleep early in the morning of January fourth."

"This tragic news, which has now been confirmed by Duke Claude de Guise in his press statement in front of the Privy Council of France, publicised via live stream untoward the BBC News broadcast forty minutes previous and every major French News channel, comes less than a month after Queen Mary had birthed France, Scotland and England an heir. The Dauphin of France, Duke of Rothsay, Prince James Henri Philip of Valois-Angoulême-Stuart was born on December seventeenth, at two thirty seven in the morning. Duke Claude confirmed that Queen Marie never set eyes upon her only grandchild, a tragedy in itself. It is thought that the Queen Mother's condition had deteriorated that it was not safe to bring in a newborn babe to visit his maternal grandmother before she passed on."

"This just in. Footage has recently become available of the King and Queen of France and Scotland, Princess and Prince of Wales, leaving Hôpital Américain de Paris, presumably to confirm the identity of the Queen Mother of Scotland's body. Guarded heavily by security from the large group of photographers, the King and Queen were dressed in black, symbolising their grief. Queen Mary held her newborn son to her chest, the child wrapped in a black blanket with the French Fleur-de-Lis embellished within the material. The Dauphin's face was covered by a cloth, although photographers could make out indentations of sunglasses beneath the childs' mask. Presumably, the King and Queen do not wish to be parted from their first child at this trying time, whilst the newborn Prince's delicate eyes had to be shielded from the harsh light of cameras trying to capture images of the Queen immediately post her mother's death. Respectfully, all kept quiet."

"King Francis, donned in a long black coat, with a black Armani suit with Ralph Lauren shoes, kept a protective arm around his wife as they made their way from the entrance to the 7 seated Bentley 2019 Bentayga, their mode of transport. The Queen was donned in a Christian Dior black maxi dress with organza sleeves and an organza overlay. Black Alexander McQueen boots with a faux fur black coat completed the look as she clutched her newborn son in her arms. Long black curls were pulled behind her shoulders, a signature look Lady Greer Seton perfected. Her ensemble was completed by oversized sunglasses and a large black hat, both covering the Queen's face as much as possible as she was guided to the car. King Francis helped his wife inside their transport before getting in next to her himself. The car left immediately after, whilst the Queen made herself busy strapping her newborn child in his car seat. This conducted itself at four seventeen in the afternoon this very day, so we can presume the Queen's grief is very raw."

"A statement has been made by cousin Lady Lola Fleming on behalf of Queen Mary. Lady Fleming thanks the public for their support during these trying times, however informed the world that the Queen will be pulling back from her royal duties temporarily to allow herself the time to grieve her beloved mother and grow attuned to life as a new mother. Again, we at Paris International News send our most sincere condolences towards Queen Mary and her families during these difficult times."