The Day It Happened

Kakashi thought it was going to be easy. He tHOUGHT WRONG
______________________________________
His first impression of his soon-to-be students: he hates them. He hates them as much as he hates being sick or low on chakra.

Not only is he stuck with his sensei's son - and boy is that a whole box of worms he doesn't want to open, he's also stuck with the Last Uchiha brat and a girl who doesn't even know what subtlety means if it stabs her in the face.

Great. Just great. This will at least end with someone dead. Preferably him.

Casting his eyes to the sky, he laments to the dead spirits up above just why he had the suckiest luck in all of Konoha. He blames Obito for this.

(Somewhere in a suspicious cave, a man wearing a swirling orange mask sneezed)

The whole five minutes it took for the genins to get to the roof was spent by cursing the high heavens for his bad luck and waxing shitty poems about how fucking bad this is going to end. Hey, just because he reads good literature doesn't mean he knows how to write one.

With an audible heavy sigh, Kakashi cast his gaze back to the door just as it burst open and three little children spilled out like a stack of colored papers had scattered to the ground. Kakashi mentally note that they actually had the whole main color wheel in this team: yellow, red, blue and neutral.

Amused at the observation, Kakashi watched as the genins hesitantly settled themselves in front of him. At least they had some good sense in their heads.

"Alright, let's introduce ourselves." he said, leaning back against the rail as his lone eye looks at them.

The girl fidgeted a bit before she slowly raised her hand.

Sakura Haruno, the only kunoichi to get an almost perfect score on the test. It seems she thrive in a classroom setting but Kakashi doubts if she can survive in the real world. Her judgement skill must be good enough and she must've had either an eidetic memory or just very intelligent to be able to score high. Distantly, he wondered if Shikaku had an affair a long time ago.

(Somewhere in the Nara compound, Shikaku sneezed loudly)

Nodding his head in acknowledgement, Sakura shoots a hesitant look at him before she voiced her question.

Low self-esteem, he noted and filed the extra tidbit away as she talked.

"Um sensei, what exactly are we introducing?"

Kakashi raised an eyebrow at that. Either she's really naive or his guess about her having good judgement skill is true. Not only did she inadvertently help clarify the order, she had also tried to sought out more information. A good trait for any shinobi if they want to stay alive.

"Maa, just some basics. Your name, likes, dislikes, hobbies, dreams, that sort of thing." he elaborated.

She looked at her fellow genin before looking back at him. "Then you should do it first, sensei."

This time, Kakashi can't help but grin. Guess this team isn't that hopeless after all.

"Well, my name is Kakashi Hatake." he started with a lazy drawl. "I like some things and I dislike many things. My hobby? Well, I don't think you need to know. And my dreams? Well, I don't think you need to know either."

Both Sakura and Naruto made a face at that.

"What the hell! You only told us your name!" Naruto exclaimed.

Kakashi just shrugged. He then pointed a finger at Naruto. "Well, why don't you start then?"

With a giant smile, Naruto started his introduction enthusiastically. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki-ttebayo! I like ramen and doing pranks! I hate the three minutes it took to make ramen and mean people! My hobby is pranking everyone, especially the Jounins and Anbus! My dream is to become the Hokage!"

Right, so the combination of Minato-sensei and Kushina-san had resulted in a hyperactive child that had somehow wanted the same thing they did when they were young. Good to know.

"Right then. Your turn, pinkie."

"My name is not pinkie." Sakura glared but it look more like a pout to him. "My name is Sakura Haruno. I like..." she glanced at Sasuke before giggling a bit. "My hobby is to read. My dream is..." she glanced at Sasuke again and giggled.

"And your dislike?" Kakashi asked, already knowing the answer.

"I dislike Naruto!" she said decisively, much to the blond's shock.

"Right... You next, emo-kid," he pointed at Sasuke.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha," he starts gravely and oh god Kakashi is already thinking of setting himself on fire from how much emo this kid is going. "I like nothing and my dream is to kill one man." Sasuke finished.

Sakura swooned at that while Naruto frowned. Kakashi just tried his hardest to not bury his face into his hands.

Remember when he thought that this team might not be so bad after all?

He takes it all back. This team is doomed.