Between Barriers

Just because they should, doesn't mean they would.

Or the fact that everyone in Team 7 has somehow become Naruto.
__________________________________________

Once upon a time, Tazuna was a simple man with a simple life. He has a simple job and a simple strife and didn't even thought he could get a wife. And then he did and it became a bit difficult, but still it was simple life and he was never ridiculed.

But then Gatō appeared and started terrorizing everyone and then Tazuna had the brilliant idea to build a bridge and then got himself in trouble which forced him to ask for protection from shinobis which then ended him stuck with Team 7 which led to him wondering if this is karma for lying about the job specification he had given to the shinobi back when he put in the request.

Also, he came to the conclusion that the Konoha shinobis, particularly this specific team accompanying him, are insane because this scene happening in front of him? He's quite sure it's not normal.

"See this stroke? It's actually quite difficult to do it. You can't make it too big or you'll mess up the whole matrix." Sakura lectured seriously as she held up her seal.

"I see. How fascinating. I never thought about that when I made seals. It explains why mine isn't so stable like yours," Haku nodded thoughtfully, his fake mask now tied at his waist as he peered through the barrier to scrutinize the seal.

"Iruka-sensei said that it's a common mistake people usually made. They never realized the importance of balance and weight in each stroke you make." Sakura wisely told.

"He also said that a steady hand makes a sturdy seal." Naruto interjected.

"I'm intrigued to know more about this sensei of yours. Tell me, is he a seals master?" Haku inquired.

"He is-ttebayo!" Naruto answered enthusiastically. "The best in the village! Not even Kaka-sensei who is the Yondaime's student can match Iruka-sensei!"

Zabuza rose an eyebrow at that. "Yondaime? You mean the Yellow Flash? No wonder you're such a fucking bigshot in the bingo book, Hatake."

"Language," Kakashi said out of habit, a result from spending too many times around Iruka.

Zabuza just snorted at that. "They're genins, Hatake. They're a fucking adult in the eyes of the system."

"Doesn't mean they are one," Kakashi countered without looking up from his book.

Kakashi ducked slightly to avoid the fireball thrown at him. "We've been over this Sasuke, use your words when outside of sparring and the Death Forest." he chided as he flipped to another page.

Sasuke made a series of Anbu signs at him before ending it with a rude gesture.

"Hah! The brat has a point!" Zabuza crowed.

Sasuke blinked at Zabuza. Another series of signs.

"Heh, I was Anbu myself, brat. Despite being from different villages, you'd be surprised at how almost similar the codes are." he smirked. "Although, we have more codes for insults. It passes the time when we guard those stuck-ups."

Sasuke's eyes lights up at that.

"Oho? Interested, are we?"

A short sign of agreement.

Kakashi sighed beside the barrier trapping Zabuza. "Don't enable him, Zabuza. We worked hard to make him use words instead of signs. Curses are one of the things I didn't teach him just so he would talk," the silver-haired jounin said exasperatingly.

"All the more reason to teach him then!" Zabuza laughed. "Now watch closely, brat. This is the sign for when you want to say, 'May you die a death full of despair as you stare down my kunai in terror'."

Kakashi sent an exasperated look to the sky.

Tazuna on the otherhand, is trying his best to not drown himself with alcohol. Can't build a bridge when you're dead and all that.