Kakashi And Iruka Sitting In A Tree, Trying To D-A-T-I-N-G

Kakashi ambushed Iruka. Iruka tricked Kakashi. Both isn't sure if it counts as a date.
_________________________________________

"Why do we have masks anyway?"

Iruka looked up from the scroll he was reading. He looked down at the scroll thoughtfully before he looked back up at Kakashi again. "Is this just a way for me to admit that I'm teaching Sakura to be the responsible one or are you actually trying to be philosophical?"

Iruka couldn't tell if Kakashi was smiling or not since he doesn't pull his face mask down like he usually does when he visits him. Glancing around the restaurant, he could guess why.

"Sakura told you about this place didn't she?" Iruka asked as he closed the scroll and put it away in his vest.

"Sakura is a smart woman that knows how to play her cards well." Kakashi answered cheerfully.

Iruka raised an eyebrow at that.

"Let's just say that the boys might grow a hatred for trees and won't be staying dry for a while."

Iruka took a sip of his now cold tea to hide his grin. He knew Sakura was interested on tree and water walking. He was the one who put that idea in her after all.

"It's good to hear that she's good and ahead in something the boys aren't for once." Iruka remarked. Grabbing the menu lying forgotten at the table, he flipped through the pages for a bit before looking at Kakashi expectantly.

Kakashi tilted his head in a silent question.

"Don't you want to order? I promise the food here is good," he said, still looking at the jounin expectantly.

Kakashi blinked slowly, as if trying to understand what Iruka is saying, before taking the menu sitting innocently near his elbow and flipped through it.

Once they placed their order to the waiter, Iruka starts talking about his day at the Academy and the mission desk, telling him about all the ridiculous things he'd seen while he was doing his job, hands gesturing wildly as he retold the events.

Even after their food arrived, Iruka kept on talking, stopping once in awhile to eat, chew and swallow before continuing on.

Kakashi just sits there and listens, making a few hums here and there, laughing quietly at the funny stuff that happened and shaking his head ruefully at the ridiculousness from the students and his fellow shinobis that Iruka had to face.

They say when you're in good company, time will pass by more quickly than the usual and that's exactly what it felt like to Kakashi. Before he knew it, they've arrived at Iruka's place.

"Well, it was nice to spend some time with just you again, Kakashi-san." Iruka happily grinned.

"Maa, it was quite a pleasant evening for me too, Iruka-sensei." he replied charmingly.

"Iruka."

"Hm?"

"Call me Iruka. You never called me Iruka-sensei in our three weeks of knowing each other and it feels weird to hear you call me that after all this time." Iruka confessed, a faint blush on his cheeks, lips lightly bitten and- oh. Oh.

Pulling down his face mask, he closed the distance between him and the chuunin, mouth just inches away from his.

"May I?" he asked quietly, eyes lingering at Iruka's lips before it darted back to his eyes.

With a blush now deepening, Iruka let out a light huff before he grabbed his vest for leverage and placed a chaste kiss on Kakashi's lips. "Goodnight, Kakashi." he whispered shyly in his ear before he pulled back and closed the door, leaving Kakashi to stand in shock outside his apartment.

"Does this mean you're dating Kaka-sensei now?"

Iruka quickly turned around, eyes widened in surprise to see Naruto peeking from the couch. "Naruto? Why are you here?"

"You're late," another head poked out. "It's almost midnight." Sasuke gave him a flat look.

Iruka blinked in surprise. "Sasuke-kun? Why are you here too?"

"Did you had a fun date?" this time a pink head popped up. "Did you kiss him first?" Sakura asked curiously.

Iruka blushed when he remembered what happened just a few seconds ago.

"Ha! I was right!" she turned to look at her two teammates. "Now both of you owe me two D-ranks!" Sakura crowed happily.

"Not fair! You planned it the whole time!" Naruto accused.

"He's right." Sasuke agreed with narrowed eyes.

"Did not!" Sakura shot back.

"Did too!" Naruto countered.

"You told us yourself," Sasuke reminded.

Iruka sighed in fond exasperation at the sight of them bickering. A few weeks ago, he was hesitant to put them in a team but now...now he's not even sure why he was worried at all.