Enter Zabuza, Exit Zabuza

Or that time when Iruka's lesson was used well.
___________________________________________

After the short fiasco with Naruto bleeding himself out to get rid of the poison that ended with Sakura lecturing him and the entire team about self-preservation and common sense, they continued making their way to Wave without any incident.

As he discussed with Sasuke on how to make a better illusion that might be able to scar the devil-cat Tora for life, he kept an eye on his surroundings, body tensed in preparation should he need to jump in front of any danger that would appear.

Despite only been together for almost a month, his genins were able to notice his tense posture and had immediately put up their guard as well, scanning the area for any signs of danger while they continued pretending to be oblivious and relaxed.

Sakura was the first to notice the rabbit in the bushes, followed by Naruto who noticed Sakura noticing the rabbit.

"What's a little fella like you doing here?" Sakura wondered as she picked up the rabbit. Her whole body went rigid when she craddled it, setting off alarms in Kakashi's head.

Kakashi yelled them to get down just as Sakura yelled "danger!", causing everyone to drop down to the ground, Naruto pulling Tazuna at the last second when the bridge builder didn't.

A huge sword appeared out of nowhere and flew around where their heads would've been before it curved and lodged itself at the nearest tree. A man then appeared on top of it.

The man was about to say something but was interrupted when a kunai went flying by. He glared at Sasuke and was about to speak again but was once more interrupted when another kunai flew past him. He set two angry eyes at Naruto now and tried to speak again but another kunai whistled above him.

He snapped.

"Stop throwing kunais while I was trying to talk you little shits!" he roared, eyes blazing with fury as he glared down at the two male genins.

"Oh yeah? And what will you do if we don't?" Naruto challenged as he threw another kunai at him.

The man easily dodged it, narrowing his eyes at Naruto. The blond just smiled cheekily in return.

When another kunai came hurtling towards him, he caught it with his hand and set his eyes at Sasuke. "Big mistake, you little shit." he growled.

Sasuke smirked at the face of the threat, not really bothered by it. "You're the one who made a mistake," he said.

Before the man could even retaliate, a green barrier rose up from the ground and enclosed him within it, successfully trapping him and preventing him from being able to do anything. The man glanced down to see Sakura smiling widely at him, looking pleased at being able to easily trap him like a mouse in a cheese trap.

"Well... that was anticlimatic." Kakashi said as he stared at the man. "Never thought I'd see the day when the infamous Demon of the Mist Zabuza gets caught."

Zabuza snarled loudly at the insult and jumped off the sword, dislodging it and taking a big swing at the barrier in an attempt to break it. Unfortunately, the sword bounced off harmlessly without leaving even a scratch.

"Don't even bother. This barrier can withstand Naruto's exploding tag." Sakura bragged proudly, and since the fact that the exploding tag Naruto created had almost destroyed half of the Death Forest, it was quite a testament to how strong that barrier really is.

Zabuza let out a string of expletive curses as he tried to shatter the barrier in many ways, all of it ending up with the same failed result. In the end, he was left panting and in rage while the barrier stood perfectly spotless, silently mocking him.

The fact that the three little shits and their bastard jounin had also threw a few insults at him didn't help either.

When Haku made an appearance as a fake nin hunter, he could feel hope blooming in his chest, only for it to quickly die out when Naruto took one look at Haku and slapped a seal at him, immediately paralyzing him in place.

The hope of escaping these Konoha shinobis was shattered and ground into dust when Kakashi pushed up his headband to reveal his sharingan eye and looked at Haku, trapping the fake hunter into a world of illusion where he couldn't easily escape.

"Well, at least that takes care of him," Kakashi smiled at his three genins as he hid his sharingan again.

Sasuke just stared at him in silent shock while Naruto made a confused look, alternatively looking at Sasuke and Kakashi. Sakura just busies herself with making another barrier around Haku.

"I can explain?" he tried at the Uchiha.

Sasuke shut his mouth with an audible click and narrowed his eyes at the jounin. "If I find out it's stolen, I will make sure to crash your date with Iruka-sensei for the rest of your living days." he vowed darkly.

Kakashi paled at that. "You wouldn't."

Sasuke gave him a hard stare. "Try me."

Naruto looked at them both in amusement.

Zabuza glared at Sakura who had the gall to smile innocently at him, the rabbit she found earlier snuggled comfortably in her hold.

Tazuna just popped open another alcohol he carried and took a swift drink of it.