After The Plan

The plan went off without a hitch. Which might be why they did what they did.

(look at me avoiding action the same way I avoided my assignment :p)
__________________________________________

It took them two days of stalking the sleazy man, three days to find his various hideouts scattered throughout Wave, and another two days for them to immobilize the group of thugs Gatō had hired.

Of course, if Kakashi did it by himself, it would've been done and over with in three days but he thought this might be a good way to show and educate his three adorable gremlins about infiltration and co-op mission.

In the end, he felt quite satisfied at how well they listened to him. Even his two male students didn't try to rebuke his commands and followed his orders as best as they could. So when they expressed the desire to do some fun activities, he happily agreed and indulged them.

"What the everlasting fuck?" Zabuza said the moment he arrived at their agreed meeting place with Haku supporting him.

"Oh! You're here!" Kakashi greeted the two with a wave. His three students were talking amicably with each other around the fire as they roasted the sweet potatoes they bought earlier. It's a typical campfire scene if one ignores the screaming Gatō tied to a tall post at the center of the big bonfire, flames licking at his feet.

"What the everlasting fuck?" Zabuza repeated, but with more feelings. Haku, already used to Team 7's brand of craziness due to him helping them while Zabuza was out of comission, just greeted them with a smile.

"You guys got here just in time! We're almost done roasting," Kakashi eye-smiled.

Zabuza isn't exactly sure which roasting the silver-haired jounin is referring to and he's not keen to clarify.

"Zabuza! Help me! Help me get out of here!" Gatō wailed desperately the moment he saw Zabuza. The sleazeball promised riches and women but all of it fell on deaf ears, not because Zabuza didn't want it but because he's too busy giving judging looks at Team 7, specifically Sakura.

"That's not the correct way to roast it." he frowned at her. "Don't they teach you that you can't put them directly into the fire?" he clicked his tongue.

"Eh? Really?" Sakura blinked at him. "It's my first time doing this so I wasn't sure. And some people," she glared at her male companions, all three looking anywhere but her, "didn't want to tell me how."

Zabuza clicked his tongue again. "Move, girl. I'll show you how you do it." he said as he crouched beside her. Taking the stick from her hand, he poked the leaf-covered sweet potato and shifted it so it isn't directly in the fire. "There, now you won't end with a blackened potato that tasted like charcoal."

Sakura beamed and gave him a quick hug in gratitude before she went back to watching her potato.

Zabuza just sat there frozen at the sudden contact from the girl. He glanced at Sakura and quietly wondered if everyone from the Leaf is crazy. No one brave enough to hug a dangerous criminal so easily could be sane. No wonder the Mist lost to these so-called softies.

Meanwhile, Haku was quietly helping Naruto wrap more sweet potatoes with the leaves, munching on a roasted one offered by Kakashi.

Gatō on the other hand, is still screaming loudly above the fire.