Day After

Kakashi may or may not be insecure. Iruka is just trying to make seals and Team 7 may or may not be breaking up. The usual.
_________________________________________

"Are we dating? Does this mean I'm your boyfriend now? Iruka? Hey, Iruka~"

Iruka closed his eyes and silently asked his ancestors for the strength to not whack a certain jounin with the kunai. "For the ninth time Kakashi, now is not the time," he sighed.

"It's the tenth time actually, Iruka-sensei." Sasuke corrected.

"Thank you, Sasuke-kun."

"So Iruka-sensei and Kaka-sensei are dating now?" Naruto looked at Kakashi questioningly.

"I don't know, are we?" Kakashi looked at Iruka amusingly.

Iruka tried his best to bury the sudden urge to throw a kunai at Kakashi. Judging by the understanding gaze Sakura is sending at him, he's not as successful as he thought.

"Kakashi, if you ask one more time about that, not only will I break up with you, I will also make sure to break into your house and burn every Icha Icha collection I see," he calmly threatened. "And if that's not enough, I can also break your team and assign a new teacher for them."

Stunned, blissful silence greeted Iruka. Satisfied, he continued making the complex seal he was working on earlier.

"...you wouldn't really break us up from Kakashi-sensei will you?"

Iruka blinked up in surprise at Sakura. He was half-kidding about that of course and hadn't actually really considered separating them but he thought they weren't as attached to him as Kakashi was to them.

"No of course not, Sakura-chan. I would never do that if you don't want me to," he assured gently.

Sakura's eyes were glistening with unshed tears and Iruka can't help but be proud and worried for her when she tried to do her best to hold it in. It felt like just yesterday when he first met the crybaby Sakura.

Sniffling lightly, she made her way towards Kakashi and crawled into his lap, surprising the two adults, especially the jounin.

Kakashi looked down awkwardly as he stayed still, unsure what to do as his only female student who looks like she could be breaking down to tears anytime soon settles in his lap. He shoots Iruka a helpless look to which Iruka gave a helpess shrug in return.

"Comfortable?" he asked after a few moments of sitting still, not really knowing what else to say.

Sakura nods silently, the sound of her sniffling could still be heard occasionally.

Naruto carefully approached them, trying his best to not startle her. Everyone knows Rabbits are easily startled and tend to hide somewhere safe when upset. When he got close enough, he settled on the ground near them and slowly offered his hand to her. When she accepted it, he beamed at her happily.

"It's okay, Sakura-chan. Iruka-sensei would never separate us. Kaka-sensei would be useless without us and he knows this." he tried to assure her with a smile.

Kakashi made a noise of disagreement but didn't say anything else.

Sasuke made a 'hmm' sound from his spot. "The dobe is right. Kakashi needs all the help he could get to understand his emotion," he smirked.

This time, Kakashi made an offended noise. "You're the last person I want to hear it from." he glared at the Uchiha.

"Yeah, Kaka-sensei is right. You don't really have a lot to say about emotions too, bastard." Naruto grinned.

Sakura giggled at her three male companions as they start their light banter with each other. Iruka just smiled and continued his work, letting the sound of their bickering melt into background noises.

"Wait, does this mean we are dating, Iruka?"

Iruka let out a long suffering sigh.