Chapter 10.

Nothing seems worse then what I had experienced 10 minutes ago. I woke up with me in the emergency room where I was bombarded by people, oh and not just any people, Mom, Vicky, Doctor Anthon and a doctor .

I got both a scold and hug from my mom, the doctor telling me of my sugar levels being low and me being dehydrated, oh and that I need to get the necessary foods since my body was still very much small, whatever that meant. Doctor Anthon was just Doctor Anthon, who said a few words apart from Vicky who has not spoken anything.

So now it is two hours later and I am sitting on the bed that I was lying on and my mom is just standing by the window, refusing to look at me while we wait for Doctor Anthon to come in.

" I'm sorry." That's all I manage to say which almost sounds like a whisper.

My mom shifts slightly and looks at me. Looking at her now, I see both concern and a bit of hurt deep within. Now guilt dawns on me.

Before I can dwell on my feelings, we hear the door click open and in comes Doctor Anthon with a board in hand.

" Looking good Bailey and I hope that goes with how you are feeling at the moment." She says, passing a look between us.

" What's the verdict?" My mom asks anxiously.

Wow my mom quick and straight to the point, I'm surprised and I can see that Doctor Anthon is too, especially when I see her quirk her brow up.

" Due to the circumstances, both with the incident that just occurred along with the very first time Bailey came here, we seem to notice a somewhat similar phase taking place, more like a pattern. We believe a two weeks trial of her remaining here might be good for Bailey right now."

" So she's staying again?" My mom asks, somewhat irritated and I frown at her behaviour.

" Yes, for two weeks." A mental smile creeps up and I release a breath I didn't know I had been holding.

"Ha." My mom sighs before she asks." So what did you mean by a trial week?"

" With Bailey here, we will be keeping an eye on her to really determine if she's really ready to be out there and be alone."

" I already know the rest and I hope it doesn't come to that." My mom says.

Silence stretches out between us.

" Well I think we should be getting Bailey unpacked." My mom says.

" Yes, Bailey you may be excused, I'd like to discuss something with your mom."

I hop off the bed and head out, right after I spare a last glance to my mom who looks tired and hurt.

Nothing is worse then having your parent disappointed in you, the guilt gnaws at you in ways even you can't explain. You try to brush it off and base it as the usual act that parents play, but when their words and expressions repeatedly play in your mind, nothing seems to beat these two words from coming out, I'm sorry.

That's all that could come out at that moment and it's the same words that want to escape me now as my feet stay rooted by the door, while my eyes never leave Vicky, who's back is facing me.

Remaining where I'm standing, I wait for her to make the first move. Finally she slowly turns around and faces me and I'm struck cold by what I see. Vicky, the one who is not all into sentimental things has slightly red eyes and looks like she had been crying.

" Vicky."

I'm simply cut off by she pulling me inside and she closing the door, after that she avoids my eyes as she says." I said take care of yourself not ' take care your life', " her voice rises on the few last words, making me to flinch back.