Chapter 16.

I knew that I shouldn't have asked him, now I'm instantly starting to regret it.

Okay, so after I asked him about the way he was looking at me, I got my answer. Not much was said but his actions spoke for him, when he started to climb the tree that I was sitting under.

Now here I am, busy climbing the tree and mentally praying that I don't fall.

"Ha." A sigh escapes me after I finally join him and I am sitting as comfortable as I possibly can.

Looking down, I realize that it is a bit high, which doesn't help that dizziness wants to take over right now.

Moving my eyes elsewhere but the ground, I feel his eyes on me, making me to look at him, only to see a frown on his forehead." Are you okay?"

" Yeah, just trying to figure out how much injury I'll get once I make the jump."

" You are not jumping from here." He says, shaking his head.

" Why not?" I ask , frowning at him.

" Because I don't want you to get hurt, especially if you can't get your footing right."

" Says who?"

" Me, the one who'll get fried for letting you get injured."

We take a minute of just looking at each other. I'm so surprised by his change of attitude, I mean he's the one who's always going on about being a free wing and risking things, just doing something crazy, but now when I attempt to doing that something crazy, he acts all concerned.

This is confusing me a whole lot, but not enough to stop me from my attempts.

The longer I think about it, the more I really want to try it, even if this might be stupid.

" I'm making the jump." I tell him, being determined.

" Bea." He warns me .

"Do it with me."

" What?"

" Let's make the jump, together." I tell him.

No answer, all he does is look into my eyes.

"First experiences won't be as effective as having a partner in crime for the ride." I try again.

He blinks a couple of times and I'm so intrigued by his eyes, that it takes a minute before I feel the warmth of his hand on mine.

I focus on our joined hands and try familiarize myself with this sudden foreign feeling which has enveloped my chest, a feeling of contentment as well as the thrill of excitement about what is about to happen. It maybe small but the impact of it might just be big.

"Something crazy right?" I ask, with a small smile at him which he returns with a grin.

"Ready?" He asks.

Wih a last glance at each other, I give my go ahead before I listen to him do the countdown from 5 to 1. My heart starts to beat hard against my chest and I close my eyes, just as he reaches 1 and then we jump.

The fall is so sudden yet thrilling and when my body thumps against the ground, I finally release the breath I'd been holding, letting what just happened to sink in.

" Bea?" I hear Connor call me.

I'm too in the moment of contentment to care, even if some parts of my body hurt a bit and I let him turn me over so I'm lying on my back, I don't open my eyes.

" Bailey?!" He calls again and I feel him touch my face.

I slowly open my eyes to see him hover above me, I don't miss the small sigh of relief that escapes him .