Chapter 33.

It's almost been a week since his departure and I still miss him, but I'm not down or feeling disconnected with things, on the contrary, I'm much better. I'm actually smiling and talking more, evaluating myself and having a sense of positivity reign in me.

To move on and keep this contentment in my life to continue, I know that I'll have to face other matters, which I might have avoided not so long ago, but now I won't, I have to let some things go.

These are things from my past and the issues with my mom, and of course Luke, though they may have haunted me on some nights, it's important for me to not let them win.

" I thought you might run away from me again." Luke says.

" Maybe I should have."

" Bailey - " I cut him off.

" But I won't. " I sit down and lean forward on the table.

" How are you ?"

" I'll be fine and you?"

" I'm okay." This is too awkward.

Just to get this over with I begin. " I'll make this easier for you. You are here because you want to know where you stand with me, correct?"

He looks a bit taken a back by how direct I am but is quick to compose himself. " Is it that obvious?"

" With your constant visits, it's hard to miss it." I say shrugging.

" Wow." He mouths.

" We might have not seen each other for 2 years but I still know you."

" That's why you know that I would do anything to be there for you, to protect you," he says quickly, leaning forward.

" Well I might have but what I didn't know was you to be the one, to break promises."

" Bail - "

" You hurt me Luke and worst part of it all was how much I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Oh and how I would always be hopeful of your return as well, I hung on to every word you said."

Before he can utter a word, I sigh and say , " Luke I'm not here to taunt you about your past wrongs, but for me to make piece and move on."

" So, what does this mean, am I forgiven?" He asks, a flick of hope evident in his eyes.

" Yes." I finally breathe out, feeling a sense of relief wash over me.

I watch as relief plays at him and then he asks again, totally pushing things." And us?"

" What about us?" I ask, confused.

" Can we ever go back to - "

I shake my head slightly. " Not right now. Time, that's all I need." I say honestly.

He nods and I clearly hope it's out of understanding. Silence stretches out between us, I rise from my seat , taking him by surprise again. Once he returns back to reality, he rises to his feet, holding out his hand. " Can we at least be in contact?" He pleads.

" Okay, but maybe when I'm out of here." I say, looking around before my gaze falls back on him.

This time I offer a small smile.

I start heading for the door, feeling like this conversation is over but then he calls me. I connect my eyes with his eyes, which hold intensity.

"You might be here, but not for long. Bailey you deserve more, to see the world and to live. "

Not sure of what to say or do, I just nod at him and go. Leaving with a sense of relief and goodness within.

I did it, I had crossed the first line and now more is yet to come.