Chapter 31.

5 minutes, that's how long the silence has been for between us. Both Connor and I are seated on the floor in my room, with our backs leaned against the wall, both in thought of our current situation in which neither one of us knows how to approach.

" So...." I start to say.

" So....." Seems like he can't find the right words too.

"This it, then?" He looks at me in question.

" What?"

Avoiding his eyes and staring ahead, I respond. " It's over..." I trail off.

He shakes his head. " No it's not, I'm not leaving."

" No you are. You will go out there and enjoy the rest of your Summer."

" You can't tell me what to do, and besides, I've already made up my mind."

" Well I can. As a person who cares about you, I have the right to kick you out of here and make sure that you don't ever come back here again, only for visits of course."

He doesn't say anything and I crawl to kneel in front of him, resting my hands on his knees and staring at him till he gives up trying to avoid my eyes. When he finally connects his eyes to mine, I mentally smile.

" You know, it wouldn't hurt to say I love you back." I shift my eyes away from him, not saying anything.

" Is it crazy to miss you already at the thought of leaving?" I connect my eyes with his. " Yes it is, cause here I am with no one in sight, just me and you, back where it all started."

"Ofcourse, doing something crazy." He smirks at me.

" And nearly giving me a heart attack." I quirk my brow at him.

" More like a seizure. I can recall you saying something along these lines - What are you doing in my room?!" He mimicks my voice, which is a major fail.

" I don't sound like that." I playfully hit his knee and he chuckles.

A moment of silence passes before I stand up to my feet, holding out my hand to him. " 3 days, if that is how long we have, then I don't want to waste a single day."

I watch as emotions play at his face before he nods at me. " Well I don't wanna waste it either." He takes my hand and rise on his feet, before he leads us out of my room, both of us determined to make the most of our time together.

******

Sitting crossed legged on the bed and staring at the pieces of paper on the wall, fingers entwine with mine and I shut my eyes for a minute, trying to ignore the fact that only one day is left before we depart from each other.

"Do you ever wish you could do a do over?" He asks me and my eyes pop open.

" Sometimes, but I've learnt to just roll with things and forget about the impossibilities. "

" Okay I know you can't erase what ever happened to you, at least a do over would make all the difference." He points out.

"Maybe." That's all I say.

There's a moment of silence between us before I hear movement.

" I'll be right back." He plants a kiss on my cheek before moving away from me.

I glance at him, watching him head out without explaining.

This time I lie on my back, staring up at the ceiling and waiting for him to return. I close my eyes, welcoming the silence but it doesn't last for long when I hear him come back in again.