Chapter 28.

A good morning, that's what it should be and it is, with the sun getting its heat on so early in the morning and of course the fresh air from the window, except for me feeling regret about last night's argument.

Gazing out the window and just getting lost in thought about nothing, a sigh escapes me at the realization that maybe I should just make the first move and go and apologize, because truthfully I miss him already.

There's a knock on the door, surely interrupting my thoughts. " Come in." I say without looking behind me.

Must be Vicky with my gummie bears or one of the guardians.

Thoughts of who's here go out the window when I feel arms wrap around my waist slowly. My body tenses up for a moment, and that's when he almost moves back and lets go of me, but I pull his arms back around me and lean back against his chest.

"Baby girl I'm sorry." He says close to my ear, showering me with his warmth.

" Not even a good morning?"

" Well I want to get this out of the way first, so am I forgiven?"

"Yes and I'm also sorry. I shouldn't have kicked you out." I say in resignation.

" Technically you didn't, I left." He points out.

" So am I also forgiven? "

"Yes and next time, can we just make sleeping arrangements before we do hit the sack?" I nod vigorously.

" Are we past this now?" I nod again.

" Good, cause I can't take it when you're mad at me or us fighting, I love us all cuddly and cute." He kisses my neck, making me giggle.

"Good morning." I say.

"Morning to you too." I turn to face him and see that he has a big smile on his face.

" Wait, did you just say cute?" I tease him.

"Shh, you didn't hear anything." He pretends to search around for any witnesses and I chuckle before I kiss his cheek.

He takes my hand and sits me on the chair before he kneels in front of me, not letting go of my hands." How do you feel, you know about us and these couple of days? "

I'm a bit taken a back by this question but it doesn't take me long to answer." Content and liking the new change." I admit.

" Okay." He nods giving me a small smile.

"Connor, what's this about?" I ask, frowning.

" Nothing for you to worry about, I just - I just want you to be happy and if you feeling content is the starting point, sure, I can take that. But I want more for you, to be happy."

I smile and touch his face with both my hands." You are too much for this heart of mine."

" Is that a good thing or bad thing?" He asks frowning.

" A good thing, a very good thing." I say laughing lightly while pulling him for a hug.

I pull back threatening tears so that he doesn't see and when we pull back from each other, we grin at each other like idiots. A cough from the door brings us to attention and our heads snap to it, where Vicky is standing.

" You're late for breakfast." She says.

We rise to our feet and start heading out with hands holding of course, not even hiding our relationship because I'm not ashamed of it, more like proud of it.

Glancing over my shoulder to Vicky , I see her standing at the doorway with a soft expression, one I'd seen a few times on her and that makes me hold on tighter to Connor's hand, a smile forming on my lips.

******

In life, there's always the unexpected, where sometimes though you might have that bugging feeling about something, in which you can't even pinpoint but know it's there, when something big actually happens , you want to scream out loud that you knew something was not right and was bound to happen.

Now faced with a jaw dropping moment, all words get stuck in your throat where your body involuntarily welcomes the numbness it provides.

It's so strange how I think I might react to something if it were ever likely to happen, only to find out that I did the opposite.

That was me hours ago, when I was just enjoying my day with Connor, both of us talking about nonsense and teasing each other but then my mom came for a visit , seeming harmless enough and a right time to share about Connor because whether she accepted it or not, he was part of my life.

Things were going okay but of course there was a turn of events today, someone had decided to rock up there and pay me another visit and this time, my mom was present and looking less then thrilled to see him. I can totally recall me sinking further into my chair while the two talked about me like I wasn't there.

"You shouldn't be here, not after everything she's been through and now here you are reminding her of it!" My mom raises her tone.

"Please, I'm only here to fix things and be apart of her life, because whether you believe it or not, I care about her more then anything."

" That's what you've always said!" She bites down .

"If you cared about her, you would have been there to help her from those vultures!!" She shouts, making me to flinch back.

" I know and I blame myself too but I wanted to be there even after, but you didn't let me know did you?....... Whether she was fighting for her life in the hospital and I was present, you kept me far away from her!" His tone had raised up a notch, bringing me to attention of what he just said.

" If it meant protecting her, then yes. And now I'm doing the same thing , protecting her from you, get out!!"

I frown and glance between my mom and Luke. " What are you talking about, mom?"

They seem a bit taken aback as if my presence has just made itself known now.

" Bailey." She tries to reach for me but I push the chair back, rising to my feet.

" Bea you were so hurt. I thought I'd lose you all over again, I wanted to protect you and I always will." He says strongly.

" What did you do?" I trail off, not even sure if I'll find my voice since fear is seeping through to me of what I might hear..

" She kicked me out of the hospital room and out of your life, to never make contact with you again." Luke cuts in.

" The message with all the things you said...."

He shakes his head." I never meant those words, those weren't mine, but they surely served their purpose of you never wanting to see me again."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing and by the look on my mom's face, everything seemed to be pieced together. My mom lied to me, countless times about Luke, breaking my heart in the process.

How could she think that was protecting me?

" Mom how could you?" I whisper because that's all that comes out.

" Bailey please listen to me." She tries coming to me but I move out of reach, bolting out of there.

" Bailey listen please!" Turning around to face Luke, I say, " no I won't, cause you're no better, it's also your choices that have led to this!"

Without another word, I run to my room, rushing past everyone who tries to stop me before I find myself cooped up in my room, not answering the door or letting anyone in, not even Vicky ,not even Connor.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Revelations😟😟😟😟.