Chapter 42.

Running, running and running, not getting to my destination but still energy being within me, I wake up still in the dark and being all sweaty, from my dream. I can't exactly call it a nightmare because of it being not scary but I can't say it's entirely a dream, because of how real it felt.

Walking out of my room, tip toeing around so I won't wake my mom, I'm about to head towards the stairs, passing her room only to stay rooted by her ajar door when I hear her talking, I'm quite sure she's on the phone, with Keith maybe.

I know it's rude to listen in on someone's conversation, especially your parent and I wouldn't be doing it, if it weren't for her mentioning my name.

" I honestly don't know what to do, " she says, sounding resigned.

With the silence ,I'm quite sure that she's listening to whoever's on the line. " I've tried talking but she won't talk to me, Vicky her guardian from the centre came around and I thought that was a good idea, but now I don't think so."

What does she mean by that?

" I feel like I'm losing my daughter." Her voice breaks, making my heart to hurt, now I want to just go comfort her.

" She's been through so much and she almost went back to square one with the whole Miami thing, I can't have that, with everyone reminding her of the past weekend."

I was doing just fine...

" I know I can't avoid it forever but she needs to forget of it all, put it past her, move on."

Sighing, I turn around and head back to my room ,not feeling thirsty anymore. My mom just wants to isolate me that's what this is all about. I don't think I'll be able to handle this for much longer because I know , I might go crazy.

The silent treatment, that's what she's been getting the whole day, even during dinner. I'm quite sure that after work, she'd thought I'd be all chatty and act like everything is okay but no, everything is not fine and I won't hide that.

I'm upset and am surely not hungry any more, thinking about the early morning phone call, she wanting to keep everyone I care about away from me and claiming to protect me, when all they've done is do the best for me. I love my mother but sometimes she can go way and beyond, I actually thought that with Keith in her life, she would focus more on herself and let loose on me growing up, especially the idea of me leaving or departing one day, but no, it seems as though, that is not the case.

" I thought we were fine, but clearly not." She says, digging into her food aggressively.

I don't say anything.

" Why am I being given the silent treatment again?" She sighs, sounding tired.

I take a breath. " You're taking everything away from me and that's unfair." I finally say, not able to keep it in.

I hear her suck in her breath and I'm quite sure she's surprised I know about her conversation.

" You have everything you need right here." She declares.

" Maybe we aren't on the same page about the idea, of what I need." I point out, looking at her.

" I'm guessing you heard me." She states the obvious.

I glance away from her, not wanting to be guilty at this point when I need to be strong.

" I'm only looking out for you." This brings me to attention and I look at her, frowning at her words.

" No mom, you want me under your eye, monitoring my every move. I can't live like that." I say, taking in a much needed breath.

" If you're so unhappy, why don't you leave then, just like your father who was selfish enough to die!" My breath hitches, while my jaw drops at what my mother just said.