Red Room

"He's dead."

  Madame B cursed. "Then take him away. He's useless to me now."

  The Widow obeyed and quickly left the room.

  Madame B growled low in her throat. It had been a whole week, and instead of getting the location of Natalia and Captain America, all she got was some dead Hydra experiment.

  "Madame B."

  The instructor whipped around, gun in hand. But she lowered it when she saw the man in the shadow, hood pulled over his face.

  "General Dreykov," she hissed.

  "Madame B." The man stalked toward her. Everytime he walked, the shadows seemed to follow him, as if he's their king. The Red Room was full of shadows, and they seemed to bow down to him and only him, the man who oversaw everything that had happened in this top Soviet program. "Everything is turning out so wrong."

  "Indeed it is, General."

  "Say, what did I tell you when someone responsible for all the Widows in this program let not only one, but three Widows missing? Two died and one of them is going to take up the mantle of Black Widow, but too bad she's dead. And what happens when that particular person in charge lets loose my star pupil and now she's switching sides, huh?"

  Madame B shrugged. "You kill them? Please, you never do anything so much as trying to train your 'star pupil'. You just sit there, watching everything unfold without a care in the world." Her fingers tightened around the gun behind her back.

  "Well, too bad. The best student in this program has gone missing, and if everything has gone to plan, I would've had the goody-two-shoes motherfucker and get that serum in him would have been duplicated. Then it would be transferred to all the students here. But guess what? You failed me."

  "Do you want to know how exactly did your daughter die in that hospital? And who set the fire?" Madame B responded coldly.

  "What?"

  "Your 'star pupil'. She may be the best trained student in this program, but she isn't the good girl she used to be."

  "Bred kakoy to! Nonsense!"

  "Such a shame." As fast as lightning, Madame B pulled out the gun, but the man was not a fool.

  He twisted the gun around just as the old woman's finger came pressing into the trigger.

  There was a bright explosion of blood as the bullet wedded heart, and the madame fell to her inevitable demise.