Red Room

The Red Room facility.

The place where little girls were trained brutally in combat and espionage.

Where she grew up.

Her worst nightmare.

Wanda's cold hand melted into Natasha's heat, and she turned around to see Wanda smiling at her reassuringly.

"You go find him," she whispered. "I'll try to distract the guards as you go."

"Be safe," Natasha whispered back fiercely. She pulled Wanda into a quick hug.

Wanda returned it. "You be safe."

Natasha forced her nerves to calm down and squashed down the fear squirming in her stomach. She checked the guns strapped to her belt, her amno, her Widow's Bites, and the electroshock batons hanging from her gauntlets. She gripped them tightly, overwhelmed by the memory of when Tony had passed her the batons as an extension of her Widow's Bites. Tony. The world's biggest asshole but also the friend she never had.

Rhodey.

Sam.

Bruce.

Thor.

Clint.

Steve.

Oh, Clint, I'm so sorry. Natasha blinked back tears. There's no time to cry. But she couldn't help but think of Lila's smiling face, Cooper's cute smirk, baby Nathaniel's adorable excitement upon seeing his father. Laura. What's she going to say about the news? She wished she was dead than having to stand this huge amount of guilt crushing her lungs.

But Natasha Romanoff was no coward.

She crept quietly toward the cursed facility, Wanda behind her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"What did you do to her?" Bucky whispered. The training room was cold, and he stared up at the faceless man who went by the name General Dreykov. He turned his attention to Yelena. "She's...she's supposed to be dead." His brain was stabbed with a memory the millionth time that day.

Lifeless, green eyes. Blood everywhere.

"And you killed her," Dreykov rumbled. His voice sounded like distant thunder. He ran a long, pale finger down Yelena's jawline, and the assassin growled. "But she's still alive."

Bucky studied Yelena all over. No bruises. No cuts. No gashes. Nothing. She didn't have a limp. Didn't look hurt. What happened?

He looked at Steve pleadingly. "Steve, this isn't you."

"Shut up!" A hand cracked across his face, and he stumbled back, his cheek burning. It started to itch after a while. He found himself lost in the rage of Yelena's fiery eyes.

She turned to the commander, all calm and composed again, as though the sudden outburst had never happened. General Dreykov jerked his head, then Yelena suddenly charged at Bucky, pulling two knives from her belt.

Bucky barely dodged the attack before Yelena was on him, trying to stab him. But Bucky still had his training in HYDRA memorized and his limbs seemed to act on instinct. The knives kissed the floor as Bucky avoided the blows, and delivered a punch to Yelena's jaw. Yelena yowled.

Bucky tossed her off him and held out his hands toward her. "Please, I don't want to fight anymore."

"Well, sucks for you." Yelena swiped at her chin and threw out her arms at both sides. Sharp, metal claws slid out of her gauntlets where the knuckles were, and she leaped onto him again.