||EIGHT - MAN DOWN||

Jayda's POV

I woke up in Sweet Pea's embrace to the sound of my phone ringing. I was wearing nothing but my underwear and one of Sweet Pea's t-shirts.

I looked up, and saw my boyfriend sleeping soundly. I sighed, and picked up the phone. 

"This better be good, you know how much I hate being woken up." I groaned into the phone.

"I need you, and some of the Serpents to come down to the hospital." Jug replied.

"Why?" I asked, sitting up. 

"Mr. Andrews was shot." he answered. I took a deep breath.

"Okay, we'll be there soon." I responded, and then I hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Sweet Pea asked me, and he sat up with me.

"Jug, he needs us to come down to the hospital." I answered, climbing out of bed.

"Is he okay?" he asked. "Yeah he's fine."

I took off Sweet Pea's t-shirt, and searched for my clothes.

"I could get used to this view." he commented, as he looked at me in my underwear.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed, and threw a pillow at him. "And get out of bed." I put my skirt back on, and took one of Sweet Pea's flannel shirts from his drawer. 

"Are you stealing my clothes?" Sweet Pea asked. He got out of bed and started putting clothes on.

"Maybe." I admitted. I put on his shirt and tied it at the front. 

-----

"Got nervous when Jayda said to meet at the hospital." Tallboy said, as Jug came over to us. 

"I was wondering about when you said the Serpents had my back." Jughead replied. "Does that courtesy extend to a guy that's like my brother? And a man who's like a second father to me?"

"What do you need?" Tallboy asked, and I bounced off the wall I was leaning on.

"Fred Andrews, my buddy's dad, was just shot during a robbery at Pop's." Jughead answered. "The guy was in a black hood."

"Serpents don't wear masks." Sweet Pea spoke up.

"Yeah, I get it. But some of those Serpents were working for Fred Andrews, when, for reasons of his own, he decided to let them go, suddenly." Jughead replied. "Maybe someone took it personally, and went rogue? You guys know every hidey-hole in town. Someone has to have heard something about what went down, at Pop's"

 "All right." I agreed. 

"We'll knock some heads. Let you know." Tallboy added. The rest of the Serpents left, and it was just Jug, Sweet Pea and I left there.

"So, did you like your present?" I asked Jughead.

"What present?" Jughead questioned. 

"Dad's old jacket. I really wanted to annoy you by sending them while you were with Betty." I answered.

"Did you really have to interrupt us?" Jughead groaned.

"Yes, I did. You kicked me out." I stated, crossing my arms. I turned to Sweet Pea. "Shall we go now?"

"If you want," he replied. I nodded.

"Bye, Jug." I waved to my brother, and I got on the back of Sweet Pea's bike. Jughead went back into the hospital.

"So, where are we going?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Well, I was thinking we could spend the day down at the quarry with Toni and Fangs." I replied.