||THIRTY-FIVE - RETURN||

Jayda's POV

The next day, at Sweet Pea's protest, I went to school. When I walk down the halls, I feel like everyone's looking at me.

I pulled the hood of my hoodie, correction Sweet Pea's hoodie, over my head.

"How many people did you tell?" I asked Sweet Pea.

"I didn't tell anyone." He responded. We walk into chemistry, and Reggie looks at me. I sit down next to him, and ignore his gazes at my face.

"What the hell happened to you?" He asks. I ignore him, and write down notes. "Did he do that to you?" He nods over to Sweet Pea.

"No, of course not." I reply.

"Then what happened?" Reggie asks.

"We're not friends, why would I tell you?" I respond, coldly.

"I know you went missing." He points out. I didn't know he knew. "What actually happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I snap.

"What happened--"

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" I repeat, louder. I pick up my books, and leave the classroom.

Sweet Pea comes out shortly afterwards.

"What's going on?" He asks me.

"I thought I could forget it, but I can't, I can't." I say. There are tears running down my cheeks. He pulls me into a tight hug.

"It's okay. It's gonna be okay." He soothes. I break away, and kiss him. Then, the bell goes for lunch, and students pile out classrooms.

"I'm starving." I stated, making Sweet Pea laugh.

"Come on then." He replied, and we walk down the corridor to the cafeteria.

When we arrive, we sit with Toni, Fangs and a bunch of other Serpents. We watch as a red-headed girl pours a strawberry milkshake over Veronica's head, making me snort with laughter.

"Karma's a bitch." I said.

-----

On the way home from school, Jughead catches me up about the plans for Southside High.

"So, Hiram is building a prison over Southside High?" I conclude.

"Yeah." Jug confirms.

"I think we should do something, to protest the school closing." I say.

"Like what?" Jughead asked. We turn into Sunnyside Trailer Park.

"Like chain ourselves to the school." I answered.

"Isn't that a bit far?" 

"No." I insisted. "It's worth a try. And, besides, it'll take my mind off everything."

The next day, I tried out for the Vixens with Toni, because she forced me to. Toni peformed first, and then, it was my turn.

"Cherry, if you may." I said, and Cheryl put on the music.

(Second dancers, the girl at the front. Start video at 1:02)

I smiled as all the girls, minus Veronica clapped for me. Cheryl stepped forward, and I went to stand next to Toni.

"That was amazing." she whispered. "No way Sweet Pea knows you can dance like that."

"He does now." I responded, and nodded my head to where I knew he was watching from.