||TWELVE - FAILURE||

Jayda's POV

All of the Serpents were partying, drinking, and dancing. Music was blaring, and most people weren't sober.

Toni had left early, and went to the school to hang with Jughead. 

Sweet Pea and I were dancing together, with Fangs close by. I pulled Sweet Pea away from the dancing crowd.

"What are you--" he began, but I cut him off by smashing my lips onto his. We started making out, and it was great for a few minutes, until I saw Jake staring at us. I pulled away.

"What is it?" Sweet Pea asked me.

"He's staring at us." I said, and pointed over to where Jake was standing. I angrily walked over to him, and I was ready to confront him about what he posted on his Instagram earlier.

"What are you doing here? You're not a Serpent anymore." I said, and I shoved him backwards. "And why did you post that we slept together, you know it didn't happen."

"I've told you, I want you back, Jay." he replied. 

"I've moved on, and I hate you." I said. He completely ignored me, and pulled me towards him. 

"What the fuck are you doing!?" I yelled, trying to get out his grip. He pulled me into a kiss. I tried to push him off me, but he continued to kiss me. Suddenly, Jake was hit to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Sweet Pea asked me, frantically. 

"I think so." I answered. Jake attempted to stand up, but Sweet Pea kicked him in the nose. 

"Can we go now?" I asked. 

"Yeah, sure." Sweet Pea replied. I kicked Jake in the stomach, and then we left.

-----

The next morning, I woke up in Sweet Pea's embrace. We were lying in his bed. I carefully untangled myself from him. I left him a note saying where I'd gone, I kissed his forehead, and left for my trailer.

"What happened to you?" I asked my brother, who was sitting on the couch. "Did you get hit by a train?" They ignored me. I went and stood next to Toni.

"Can't you just take a day off?" Betty asked him, tending to his cuts.

"It's not that bad. Just some cuts and bruises." Jug replied.

"I told you that motorcycle was risky, Jug." Betty responded. "You promised me you were always gonna wear a helmet." I looked at Toni, my eyes asking if Betty's statement was true. Toni shook her head.

"It was just around the block." Jughead said. "Don't blame me, all right? Blame the pothole."

"I thought you were gonna say that you were jumped by those, Creepies--"

"Ghoulies." I corrected, "But, no, the Serpents won't allow that."

"They got Jughead's back." Toni continued for me. "Even though he's not a member. It's just family loyalty."

"Right, well... I've gotta go to school, try and fix this mess with Kevin." Betty said. She stood up and put her bag on. "Toni, Jayda, will you keep an eye on him, for me?"

"All over it." Toni said, saluting her.

"Sure," I said at the same time as Toni. Betty left the trailer, shutting the door behind her.

"Motorcycle accident?" I questioned, folding my arms and staring my brother down.

"Don't tell Betty." he replied. "She doesn't need to know."

"We warned you about the Ghoulies. I think you'll take them a little more seriously now." Toni said. She picked up her camera and her bag.

"Yeah." Jug muttered. "I will know."

"I need to get changed." I announced. 

"So, you spent the night at Sweet Pea's?" Jughead questioned, standing up.

"Yeah, so." I answered, pouring myself some coffee.

"Did you use protection?" Jughead asked me. I spit my coffee back into the cup.

"No-one wants to talk about that with their brother." I replied, placing my cup on the side. I went into my bedroom to get changed.

I changed into a pair of black ripped jeans, a fishnet top, black combat boots and my Serpent jacket.

"You ready to go?" I asked Jughead, coming out my room.

"Yeah," he replied. We got on our bikes, and rode to the school.

At lunch, I was sitting at the Serpent table, then I noticed Jughead coming over to us.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked Toni. She moved her bag, and then Jughead sat opposite me.

"Welcome to the Serpent table, Forsythe." I said to my brother.

"Just shut up, Jay." he said, annoyed. 

"Rude." I muttered. I leaned over, and took some of Sweet Pea's food.

"Excuse you." he said. "Eat your own food."

"Na, I'm good." I replied, and continued eating his food. "You knew I was like this when you started dating me."

"You're lucky that I love you." he responded. I rested my head on his shoulder, and continued to snack on his lunch.

-----

That afternoon, I sat on my couch, and was watching movies. My phone started to ring. I paused the movie, and checked the caller I.D: Unknown Number.

"Hello." I said into the phone.

"Hey, it's Cheryl." she said on the other line.

"Why are you calling?" I asked her.

"I just... need to talk to someone." she trailed off.

"Okay, meet at Pop's in fifteen." I said. I hung up the phone. I put my jacket back on, and re-tied my boots.

I drove my bike to Pop's, and saw Cheryl waiting at a booth in the corner. I slid in opposite her.

"I was just wondering, why me?" I asked her.

"You saved me from the river that day. I want to be your friend." she answered.

"We can be friends, Cherry. If you want to." I replied. I agreed so quickly, because she was hurting. She was being hurt at home, and had barely any true friends.

She told me about how she burned her childhood home down, how she felt when her father killed himself, and the abuse she got from her mother.

"It's getting late," I said to her. "I'll talk to you later, Cherry Blossom." 

"Bye, Jay Bae." she replied, with a smile on her face. I slid out of the booth and went out the diner. I got on my bike and drove to my trailer.

As I was driving to the other side of the tracks, I kept thinking about the things Cheryl told me, how much she'd been through. Her brother's murder, her father killing said brother and all the abuse from her mother.

I just hope I can be there for her.