Chapter 2

After their lunch break, the girls parted ways for the remainder of the day. Only Rarity and Fluttershy had classes together, but the rest of the girls wouldn't see each other until the next day. Rainbow Dash's final class was biology. She thought about what she had said at lunch and rethought her conversations. It was something to think about to pass time during the boring lesson. She thought about how when Pinkie mentioned AJ in that way, Rainbow blushed, hard. She hadn't really ever acknowledged her real feelings for Applejack up until lunch time today. Obviously her brain hadn't quite caught up with what her heart was thinking, if you put it in a sappy way.
Finally after her lesson was over, Dash ran to her locker, grabbed her things and left the school for the day. It was a Thursday and so usually Rainbow would have met up with her friends after school, but she had made a promise to call AJ. Applejack was off school with some severe throat problem thing. It was a rare moment that the farm girl would take a day off school, usually only if something really serious had happened, and she was pretty sure that this counted.
Dash walked down the road towards her little apartment. She picked up her phone, scrolled through the contacts and found Applejack's name. It was only right at the bottom of her contacts due to the countless amount of emojis she had used. She dialled the number.
No answer. Straight to voicemail.
She called a second time, and this time AJ picked up, but all Dash could hear from the other end of the line was a loud thud.

Rainbow: "Uhhh, Applejack? It's me, Rainbow Dash. Are you okay?"
It was muffled, but soon a voice could be heard.
Applejack: "Yep...ah'm uhh... ah'm here."
Applejack's voice was coarse and scratchy.
Rainbow: "What were you doing?"
Applejack: "What d'ya mean sugar cube?"
Rainbow: "I mean what was that sound. The bang?"
Applejack: "Oh yeah.. umm.. ah went to grab ma phone and fell off ma bed.. hehe."
Both girls sniggered.
Rainbow: "How've you been?"
Applejack: "Not great ah guess... been to the doctors. Had to walk there mah'self. They gave me the medicine but it's not really helping. Ah'll be fine though. So what d'ah miss?"
Rainbow: "You had to walk to the doctors, in that state? You should have asked me!"
Applejack: "You were at school Dash... and you can't drive. Remember?"
Rainbow: "Yeah but if something bad happened I would have been there!"
Applejack: "Ah guess... Anyway.. how was school?"
Rainbow was nearing her house. She walked slower. She wasn't in a rush and wanted to keep on walking and talking.
Rainbow: "Well the lessons weren't exciting... at all.."
Applejack: "Oh well okay then. Did y'all meet at lunch?"
Rainbow: "Yeah. Twilight's ill as well. Think she vomiting. Mh."
Applejack: "Oh right. Well what did you guys talk about. Anything new... other than the usual gossip?"
Rainbow wasn't necessarily sure if she wanted to tell AJ all the details of today's lunch session. She decided to just tell her what she needed to know. Nothing to do with the whole yucky mucky lovey stuff.
Applejack listened attentively. All day she had just been lying in bed, bored and in pain. She was over the moon to hear someone's voice other than her granny yelling up the stairs, or her sister whining. It was especially nice to hear the voice of Rainbow Dash. Dash was one of AJ's closest friends.
Rainbow: "Yeah so, that's all really. You didn't miss a lot I guess."
Applejack: "Yeah sounds like it. Apart from Microchips announcing himself. Ah really wanted to be in that class when—" Applejack cut off to start a fit of hysterical coughing. It sounded painful.
Applejack: "Ah'm okay." cough* "Really..." "Ah'm— Ah'm coming in to school tomorrow."
Rainbow: "Why?! I mean yes! School literally sucks without you. But why would you do that to yourself?! You're sick! And it's Friday tomorrow!"
Applejack: "Ah know sugarcube, but ah can't just take days off just as ah fancy. Ah'll be okay tomorrow."
Rainbow: "Ok well I'm at my place now anyway. Text me if you need anything?"
Applejack: "Sure thing sugarcube. See ya tomorrow!"
Rainbow: "Bye AJ!"
Applejack: "See ya Dash!"
     Applejack smiled as she placed her phone down. She felt the slightest bit more motivated and decided to get out of bed. She went downstairs to get some water to clear her throat. Her granny was in the kitchen, sitting on her chair as usual.
     "Now what on earth have you been up to? Yer' faze is blazing red sugarcube!" Granny Smith frowned at Applejack, and BigMacintoch, Applejack's older brother, sniggered.
     "Applejack's been calling her friend, right AJ?" BigMac asked grinning.
     "Uh.. yeah well" *cough* "Ah was just on the phone with Rainbow. Are mah cheeks red? Well it's uh..." *cough* "..it's pretty hot up there so ah... ah came down here to get some water... if that's okay with you guys...?" Applejack raised an eyebrow at her grandmother. Granny Smith tried to keep a straight face as she poured the water, "Now go back upstairs and get rest. If y'all are sleepy tomorrow that's not mah problem!" she yelled at Applejack who was already dragging herself up the stairs, slowly sipping the water as she went. Suppose she didn't have a choice whether she was going into school or not tomorrow. Applejack sighed. It would be fine.....

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|
I ᕼᗩᐯᗴ ᗩᒪᖇᗴᗩᗪY ᔕᗩᐯᗴᗪ 9 ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇᔕ, ᔕO ᗯᕼᗴᑎ Tᕼᗴ ᔕTOᖇY ᘜᗴTᔕ ᗩ ᖴᗴᗯ ᗰOᖇᗴ ᐯᗴIᗯᔕ I'ᒪᒪ ᑭᑌᗷᒪIᔕᕼ Tᕼᗴᗰ. ᒍᑌᔕT ᒪᗴᗰᗰᗴ KᑎOᗯ Iᖴ Yᗩ'ᒪᒪ ᗯᗩᑎᑎᗩ ᖇᗴᗩᗪ ᗰOᖇᗴ

 ᒍᑌᔕT ᒪᗴᗰᗰᗴ KᑎOᗯ Iᖴ Yᗩ'ᒪᒪ ᗯᗩᑎᑎᗩ ᖇᗴᗩᗪ ᗰOᖇᗴ