Chapter 11

The girls all agreed to the idea that whoever fell asleep first would be punished. Throughout the night, the conversations just got more deep and personal. Sunset agreed to have been crushing on AJ for a while now, but along with the other girls, laughed it off like it was nothing. The girls also learnt more about each other than they would have ever known. They managed to all stay up until 2:30am, until they realised that Rainbow hadn't been talking for quite a while. The room was completely dark, and so if it weren't for her snoring so loudly, Applejack wouldn't have noticed Dash's sleeping head almost touching the side of her leg. She grinned.
"What about her punishment then?" Sunset smirked. Applejack was delighted that she had actually beaten Rainbow Dash at some sort of competition, but when it came to sleeping, Dash was a pro and they both knew it.
"I dunno.... Dash's been through a lot tonight, maybe we should just leave her be?" Fluttershy said sympathetically. Pinkie Pie agreed, and so did Twilight. Both Sunset and Applejack playfully rolled their eyes.
"Fine..." AJ sighed, giggling, "Ah'm actually planning on hittin the hay now too. Ah'm drained."
"Okie dokie lokie! Who's staying up with me then?" Pinkie exclaimed.
Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity disagreed, but Sunset was up for the challenge. The five tired girls buried themselves in the blankets and cushions that they had. Applejack slid down and jolted Dash's head. Obviously it would take more than that to wake her up, but the second AJ had found a comfy position, Dash crept up next to her and lay down by her side. She rested her head on AJ's shoulder and closed her eyes. Both girls let out a quiet laugh.

       Most of the girls woke up the next morning with headaches. Twilight was first up, and by the time Rarity and Fluttershy were awake, she was already changed and ready. Applejack was up next. Sleeping Rainbow Dash was spread out across the floor, with her hand over AJ's face. She laughed and pushed her to the side, grabbing her hat and heading into the kitchen. She greeted the others, sat down and put her hands on the counter, smiling.
       "What's on your mind AJ?" Twilight asked, and Applejack happily told them.
      "Ah'm gonna tell her. Today ah'm gonna tell Dash what ah've been hidin. Ah don't wanna keep it a secret no more," she continued grinning and the three girls smiled back.
      "Aw good for you darling. We're all here if you need anything. When are you planning on telling her?" Rarity beamed.
      "Ah dunno, maybe ah'll ask her out for lunch. Ah can see it in mah head, just can't put it in words, y'know?"
     The girls nodded, and jumped when Sunset had managed to drag herself into the kitchen. She had bags under her eyes.
    "Wow.... you look.... awful," Applejack stated truthfully. Sunset reached over and pulled AJ's hat down over her head. She laughed. They all laughed.

    Once everyone was awake, Pinkie happily made breakfast. Considering she had only had at least an hour's sleep, she was full of energy. The girls changed and left the house by 10am. They all thanked Pinkie Pie for a great time and bid their farewells. When Applejack got home, she planned her morning in her head. In half an hour, she would take her medicine and text Dash, asking if she was free. Assuming she said yes, AJ would take her to a restaurant for lunch, and they would get ice cream later. The evening she hadn't planned, as she didn't expect it to get that far. In the meantime, Applejack sat at her desk and started her algebra homework. It didn't take her long to get bored, but she knew she would have to get it done some time or other.
In half an hour, like she planned, she texted Dash.
AJ: Hey
RD: What's up?
RD: MEDICINE
AJ: Already done 😏
RD: What?! Fair enough!
AJ: Anyway. You free today?
RD: Of course! But I mean, wow do you miss me already? It's been less that an hour 😆😏😉
AJ: Yeah well I was hoping if you wanna come with me and get lunch together?
RD: YES PLEASE
RD: Wait are u asking me out, on a date? :p
Every time that Applejack would arrange to meet Rainbow Dash alone, Dash would say the same thing, assuming that it was a date. To Rainbow's surprise, Applejack responded differently this time.
AJ: You know what?
RD: ........
AJ: You're gonna need to come round now
RD: Already out the door 😉❤️
AJ: 😏😂

Soon enough Dash had arrived at AJ's family house. Rainbow was greeted by BigMacintosh opening the door.
"AJ! Rainbow Dash's is at the door!"
"Send her up here!" AJ yelled. Rainbow ran up the stairs and into AJ's room.
"Answer my question AJ!"
"What d'ya mean?"
"Are you asking me on a date?"
Applejack paused. "Yes Rainbow Dash. Ah just asked you on a date." She grinned and Rainbow beamed. AJ had never seen her this happy.
    "Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh!" Rainbow jumped up and ran towards Applejack, who stood up from where she had been slouching on her bed.
    They stared at each other, and got lost in each other's eyes. Rainbow leaned forward for a kiss and AJ happily embraced it. They couldn't help but smile the whole way through. When they pulled away, Applejack smirked.
       "Y'know what ah've just realised?"
       Rainbow shrugged.
        "Two things. A; Ah'm so darn lucky to have you. And B; Ah just gave you your first kiss."
       Rainbow laughed and nodded, "Yes! Yes you did. And you're about to welcome my second." They leaned forward again, but before they managed to touch lips, Rainbow's phone went off. They would've continued, but it sorta ruined the atmosphere.
      Dash looked at her phone, "Shit. It's my dad..."