Chapter 7

"Now tell me what's going on?!" Dash was siting next to AJ, who was shaking her head coughing. AJ's face had also turned a significant shade of red, but only due to the fact that she was hot.
"Ah....ah guess ah don't really know. Y'see ah went to the doctors and... well it wasn't as bad as it is now," AJ said, fidgeting.
"Did they tell you what was wrong?"
"Nah, a mild cough is all they said. Well they also told me if it got worse ah should tell them. But ah'm fine. Don't worry yourself Dash," she said meekly. Rainbow shook her head.
      "That's it. We're going back to the hospital. Something's wrong and I can't have you feeling like this anymore," she stated, pulling her friend up and beckoning her to follow her down the stairs.

       Soon enough they were waiting for an appointment. When they were called in, the doctor asked a few questions before telling the girls that Applejack would have to have an x-ray, to check for signs of tuberculosis.
       "What's that?" Dash asked. Neither she nor AJ had ever heard of tuberculosis, but it did sound somewhat scary...
       "Tuberculosis is a disease caused by bacteria, usually affected the lungs. If you friend's X-ray shows signs of tuberculosis, we will have to take further tests before giving her treatment," the doctor explained.
"And... how bad is it? Like on a scale of 1-10?" Dash asked
"Well the disease can be fatal if not treated carefully and properly, but we still don't know for sure that... Applejack is it? We still don't know for sure that Applejack has the disease."
"Ok....uh...." Neither of them knew what to say. How could AJ be diagnosed with something like this, when Dash had pretty much been with her all day everyday?!
(I'm not sure how believable this is going to be but bear with me)
Soon afterwards, AJ had gone in for an x-ray, and Dash was left waiting outside. She texted on the group chat. This group chat included Fluttershy.

RD: Hey you guys....
SS: What's up?
RD: A lot actually....
R: Rainbow what happened? Is everything ok?
RD: Well for starts, I'm here at the hospital.
PP: WHAT?!
TS: Omg what happened???
RD: Nothing necessarily to do with me
FS: Dash what's going on
RD: AJ's having an x-ray. Doctor thinks she's got 'tuberculosis'
SS: 🤭
SS: Dash u realise people die from that! 😰😰😰😰
PP: 😰😨😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😨😰😰😰😰
RD: Yh thanks Sunset. I'm trynna keep it together 🙄
FS: Oh my goodness
SS: Do you want us to come round?
RD: Nah it'll be fine. AJ doesn't have her phone and I'm gonna stay with her anyway. I'll tell u guys if something happens tho
R: I don't know how to react 😶😶😶😶😶😶😶😭
RD: Ok guys well I'm gonna go
SS: ttyl 😶👋
Meanwhile, the conversation carried on with the girls, while Dash waited patiently.
TS: I really hope the doctors are wrong and it's just a precaution. Tuberculosis is really, really bad.
PP: STOPPP 😭
FS: I can't imagine how Dash is feeling.
R: Yes.. she is the closest with Applejack
PP: 😏
FS: Not the right moment Pinkie Pie...
R: Is it contagious?
TS: Mildly. You would have to be living with her, or at least spend a lot of time with her to get it. I suspect if she is diagnosed with it, Rainbow Dash and AJ's family would have to be tested too.
PP: Guys the death rate is very very very low. I'm sure she'll be ok.
FS: Ok. That's good I suppose 🙃
PP: 🙂😐😕🙁☹️😣😖😫😭😰
TS: You can never be too careful
SS: Twilight stop!

The situation worked up each of the girls, but it especially got to Sunset. She decided to leave her apartment and walk around her block. She needed to clear her head before she broke down.

It did however turn out that Applejack did show signs of tuberculosis, and, after the x-ray, the doctors tested Applejack further. Both girls were called into the room.
"So here is where the bacteria is settling," the nurse said, pointing to an x-ray image of Applejack's lungs. She continued explaining.
"We will give you some antibiotics that you should collect at the pharmacy."
      The nurse then turned to Rainbow Dash. Dash's eyes were now like glass and she wasn't focusing on anything.
     "How much time have you spent with Applejack over the past few days?" she asked Dash.
The two girls exchanged glances and agreed that they had spent more time than usual with each other over the weekend. The nurse nodded and said that Dash, as well as AJ's brother, sister, and granny should be tested, just incase.
Thankfully, Rainbow was given the all clear, and so afterwards, they thanked the nurse, and Dash and AJ went to pick up the antibiotics from the pharmacist. As long as Applejack took the medicine when she was prescribed to, she'd be fine. Dash would make sure of that.
"Hey Dash... thanks for doing that," AJ smiled. The girls were walking back down to Applejack's house, as Dash was texting the others to tell them the news.
"Well why wouldn't I want to come with you?! This is serious," she replied, putting her phone away.
"Ah know. Ah don't want y'all to worry so much though. Ah take it you've told the others?"
Rainbow nodded. "Yup. I'm still gonna worry though. I literally don't even want to think about not being able to see you or hear you. I mean, I can barely cope a day at school when you're not here!" They both laughed. Applejack thought likewise. They both loved each other very much. Whether it was love like family, or like a couple, it was still there and they both knew it.