Chapter 4

It was the weekend. Twilight was better, and she had been caught up on everything that had happened so she wasn't missing out. The girls had no plans made for the weekend. In fact they were going to all stay at home, until they all got a text from Rarity. All except Fluttershy.
The message read: Hiya. If you remember it's Fluttershy's birthday on Monday and unless you have already bought her a gift, I was thinking we should all go to the mall and choose one. She is turning 18 after all. It's a big birthday. Text back when you can as I was hoping to meet soon xx
The message had been forwarded to the six girls excluding Fluttershy and it did turn out that every one of them had completely forgotten. Even Pinkie Pie! Luckily, all the girls were free and so replied to Rarity's message, who then created a group chat.

R: Ok everyone. Shall we plan something then?
AJ: Yeah u said the mall. I don't have a way of getting there tho 🙃
RD: Neither
R: We can get a cab. What time?
TS: Will we really all fit in a cab?
PP: Sure! And if we don't we can squish!!! 🤪
RD: Hehe
SS: Guys it's not that far. We can just walk.
PP: No that's borrrriiinnnggg🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
RD: But cheap😏😏😏😏😏
PP: But llooonnnneeelllllyyyyy😭😢😭😭😭😭😭
SS: Why don't we all just meet at one of our places and then walk together
AJ: good idea 👍
RD: yeh ☺️
RD: oops
RD: I meant 😢
RD: Fuck I meant 👍
RD: THANK YOU KEYBOARD
SS: those emojis aren't even next to each other
PP: They were probably in her frequently used thing
RD: mhm
PP: Because the ☺️ has been sent to one person too many times, hasn't it Rainbow Dash??? Hm?? 🤨
RD: Pinkie that makes no sense
PP: Oh Dashie we all know that you send streams of ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️ when you're texting AJ...
RD: Pinkie what the fuck no
AJ: Yeh no
TS: Ohh right so this is what I missed then
SS: Told u
AJ: Um.. what did you tell her?
RD: Yeah WHAT DID U TELL HER
SS: I told her what she missed
R: Twilight darling are you feeling better?
AJ: Thanks Rarity
R: For what?
RD: CHANGING THE SUBJECT
RD: *changing the subject* :)
PP: Heyyy :(
TS: Um... anyway yes, thank you Rarity I'm feeling a lot better. I think it was just a stomach bug.
RD: 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
AJ: 🤦‍♀️
SS: Right so are we gonna go to the mall or....
RD: Yup
AJ: Yeah what time should we be ready?
RD: And where are we meeting?
SS: I think 30 minutes meet at my place?
R: Darling have I ever been to your house? And 30 minutes isn't long enough
RD: 🤦‍♀️
AJ: 😂
SS: Wow..... no you've never been to my apartment 🤔
RD: How about my place in just about an hour?
AJ: Fine with me 👌
RD: Great
PP: ☺️
SS: yeh um
SS: That's fine with me
TS: Sams here
R: Yep
PP: Wait whose sam?
RD: what?
PP: Twilight said Sams here
SS: lol
TS: Oops. I meant same*
RD: 🤣 Ok

AJ: Pinkie Pie?
PP: Yep indeedie. Dashie's in just about an hour. Seeeeee yooouuuu thererrrrreeee!!!
RD: C ya guys

     After the long chat, in 'just under an hour' as planned, the girls met at Rainbow's house. Shortly afterwards they started walking to the mall. 
     "Pinkie Pie you are so random," Rainbow Dash laughed, "Like literally everything I say, you make some inappropriate joke about—"
     "About you and Applejack. I know. But you guys should totally date," Pinkie said. She and Dash were a little way behind the others so they wouldn't be able to hear them.
     "Pinkie no. I don't like her like that..." Dash said, keeping a straight face as Pinkie seemed to look deeply disappointed.
      "But—" Pinkie started.
      "No. She doesn't like me either. She told me she likes someone else... Aaaand I told her that I liked somebody else too... That part was a lie though....." Dash replied.
It was true. Rainbow Dash had told Applejack that she had been crushing on Sunset Shimmer. Obviously she hadn't, but AJ didn't know that. Dash had only said it in a state of pure panic. Her and AJ had been talking about the most random of things, and the conversation was brought up. Rainbow lied, and so did AJ. Applejack had responded, stating that she didn't like anybody either. They were both trying to cover things up.
      "So you dooo like Applejack?" Pinkie exclaimed, way too loudly, overexcited that she had discovered her friend's crush.
      "Shut up Pinkie Pie, they're right in front of us!" Dash whispered, clearly too loudly as well....
       "What on earth are y'all on about?" AJ questioned them.
       "Nothing!" They replied in unison. And, after Applejack had turned back around, Rainbow gave Pinkie a glare she wouldn't forget.

         The girls arrived at the mall and split themselves into twos. That way, it would be easier to find something for Fluttershy, if they were all looking in different places. Sunset organised them: Pinkie Pie and Rarity, her and Twilight, and stared at the two remaining girls as she sent them off together. Sunset knew that there was definitely something that AJ and Dash were hiding between them.