Chapter 3

The last day of the long week had finally come. The six girls, excluding Twilight, began their normal journeys to school. Everyone arrived as normal, and the day began normally.
     Throughout the whole day there was one class that all seven girls would usually share a class with, and that was music. It was one of the only classes that they all loved. They walked to their class together.
     "So AJ, how you feeling?" Sunset asked, and AJ responded with a thumbs up. Well it was sort of a half thumbs up and half middle. 👍👎
     They got into their class and received a brief introduction from the teacher. He took the register (it's called something else in Canada I know, but I'm too tired to think of it) and discussed the lesson plan.
"Today we will be doing group work."
     Most of the class responded to this positively, but changed their minds after hearing that the professor would be choosing the groups. He had made a list of each groups. There were four. Most of the six girls were split up. Sunset was in a group with Rarity. Applejack was with Pinkie. Dash by herself. And then Fluttershy would be with Twilight. Obviously there were other kids there, but you know, the mane 7 were pretty much split up. The task was to create a piece which would then be performed at the end of the term...... (is semester the right word to use, or does semester mean year? I'm trynna say the end of the term, and I'm from Britain. Someone help 🥴😂)

     The class carried on and before they knew it, it was time for second period.
"Ok guys, don't forget auditions for the talent show are soon. Come to me after school on monday if you have any questions or want to sign up," the professor explained. The idea appealed to the majority of the class, including the six girls. Sunset made a mental note in her head to remind Twilight about the talent show at the end of the day.

The girls split up to go to their next classes and once again met up at lunch.

"So Dashie, did you tell AJ everything we spoke about yesterday?" Pinkie asked. She didn't want anyone to feel left out.
Rainbow Dash nodded, and Rarity raised an eyebrow, "Did you really tell her everything Dash?"
"What did ah miss?" AJ grinned, suspecting that someone was hiding something.
"Oh nothing darling. Just some deep conversations here and there," Rarity added. Applejack desperately wished she had Sunset's mind reading powers right now. It would come in handy.
Pinkie Pie suddenly slammed her hands on the table, again.
"Pinkie you gotta stop with that," Rainbow rolled her eyes and chuckled. Little did she know what Pinkie was about to say next:
"You see Applejack, you did miss something. In fact, Rainbow Dash missed something. She missed you so much, that she started crying. She put her hand on her face and was all like 'I really wish AJ was here right now....'" Pinkie said, imitating Rainbow Dash.
     "No that did not happen!" Rainbow went slightly red but then both her and Applejack started helplessly laughing. Well, it didn't last long. Applejack soon started choking on her laughter and Dash had to pat her on the back. But it was all okay....
At this moment Rainbow began to get especially worried for Applejack. Sure it was so much better having her at school but she was not recovering.
The bell rang for classes and the girls departed. Dash, Pinkie and Sunset had Spanish class next, so they walked together. Turns out they walked significantly slower than the rest of their class and were late, but they were lucky to have an understanding teacher.
    The girls continued their class and, when it was over, went to their last class of the week. Applejack and Sunset had crafting class together. (We call it's crafting class at my school. It's like wood crafting tech stuff) Sunset kept especially quiet throughout the lesson.
     "So Sunset, did.. uh.. was Pinkie really tellin' the truth? Like was Dash actually... cryin'?" Applejack asked Sunset. She was being serious but she was still giggling. Coincidence that AJ would ask about the exact thing that Sunset was thinking about.
     Sunset shook her head and laughed, "No, Pinkie was joking. Rainbow did miss you though. She... uh.... she hardly says anything when you're not there," Sunset told AJ. It wasn't completely true but that didn't matter. Applejack turned away and then nervously laughed, whilst coughing, again.
Sunset reached over to hit her on the back, suddenly becoming really nervous. Applejack reassured her that it was ok.
"Ah don't believe a bit of that. When has Dash ever not said anything?" Applejack grinned.
"I'm being serious she really misses you. When I first met you guys I genuinely thought you two were related," Sunset laughed. It was true. She knew how close Rainbow Dash and Applejack were. They were inseparable. Applejack knocked her hat over her red face and nervously laughed.
"Hey AJ, why are you blushing?" Sunset meant to say it to tease her, but Applejack responded in a somewhat unexpected way.
"No, ah'm not.... well ah am... Ah don't like like Rainbow Dash. Ah just—"
She was once again cut off by her coughing, but continued, "Well, she does have it for someone else. Ah can tell ya that."
"Wait.. what?! How? W-who does she like?" Sunset asked. Maybe she had got it wrong.
"She told me. Well, she said it rather quickly ah suppose. Ah'm sure she meant it, but if she did, she'd be furious if ah told ya who it was," Applejack smugly smiled. She, as well as Sunset, wasn't sure if the information was correct. Still it was too much to think about for now. Sunset was left curious.
Before the lesson ended, the class was told to once again have another assignment turned in, in two weeks time. Their homework was to be done in partners and so AJ and Sunset agreed to meet after school every two days to get it done. They said goodbye to each other and, thankfully, went home. It had been a strange... past few days, that's for sure. Sunset needed to catch Twilight up.