Chapter 13

(ᑎOT ᗷᗴᗴᑎ ᘜᖇᗩᗰᗰᗩᖇ ᑕᕼᗴᑕKᗴᗪ)

        Dash's parents, Bow Hothoof and Windy Whistles, were nice people. Even though some of the time Rainbow didn't appreciate them as much as she could, her parents will always be there for her. Although, sometimes, according to Dash, it could get annoying.
       They knocked on the door, and AJ and Dash tried to make it seem as if they weren't expecting them, and hadn't just fixed the whole apartment just for them.
      "Well if it isn't our Rainbow Dash! How's my baby?" Rainbow's mom, Windy Whistles, pushed her way through the door and tightly embraced her embarrassed daughter. Rainbow's father then followed.
      "Great thanks mom," Dash mumbled.
       Applejack grinned, closed the door behind them, and they walked towards the kitchen, taking a seat at the table.
      "Now, if I can remember correctly, it is one and only Applejack here, isn't it?" Bow smiled, shaking the farm-girls hand.
      Applejack smiled. "That's right. Nice to see ya again sir." She turned to shake Rainbow's mom's hand, only to be tightly embraced in one of her hugs.
     "And you... ma'am." AJ said. Only just about managing to breathe before Windy let her go.
     "No need to address us so formally honey! You're our daughters best friend, pretty much part of the family!" the lady smiled. AJ and Dash exchanged glances, which was noticed by both parents.
     "Wait a second, are you telling me you aren't still best friends? Well I suppose you're growing up, and friendships develop so—" her mom began.
     Rainbow interrupted her, "No mom. It's not that.... well it is... It's just, me and AJ are more than just best friends now. You see, we're going out."
     Both her mom and dad looked deeply puzzled.
     "You know... going out, as in dating? As in, this is my girlfriend Applejack," Dash said proudly. Applejack nodded, smiling.
     The parents glanced at each other before smiling at the girls.
     Rainbow's mom stood up for another hug, this time grabbing the two girls together and holding them towards her. Dash rolled her eyes.
    "Oh sweety, I'm so glad you finally found somebody. We're so proud of you! Right Bow?"
    Bow hesitantly smiled and nodded, patting Applejack on the back. Both girls were especially delighted that they had taken it so well. AJ reckoned that Granny Smith would find out sooner or later, and Big Mac might have already told her, but that didn't matter.

        Soon enough, Applejack received a text from her sister, asking if AJ was able to help on the farm. She agreed and let Rainbow know why she had to leave. Dash's parents waited in the kitchen for her to wave AJ off.
      Applejack began to walk out the door, but was stopped by a hand. Dash grabbed AJ's shoulder, span her around and planted a kiss on her cheek.
     "See ya soon girlfriend!" Dash let go and waved.
     "Later partner!" AJ smiled and started walking down towards the farm. It wasn't a necessarily long walk. Her brother was working so he couldn't give her a lift but she didn't mind. Soon enough she arrived at the farm, spotting Applebloom in the distance doing some sort of chore. She waved at her sister, and Applebloom came running towards her.
     "Hey AJ. Where've ya been?"
     "Rainbow's place. Ah met her parents for the first time in a while," Applejack explained, grabbing a rake from the shed to clear away some of the leaves that covered the path.
     "Oh ok. Mac told me about you two. Y'all are so lucky!" Applebloom whined.
     "Well yeah, lucky to have found each other, but it's not all luck!"
     "Yeah but ah haven't been in a relationship yet, and ah'm almost fourteen!" Applebloom turned away from her big sister.
      "Firstly, why are ya so obsessed with getting in a relationship anyway? Y'all just need to wait until ya find the right person. Someone that'll love ya no matter what. And secondly, you're not 'almost fourteen'. Ya turned thirteen, like... two weeks ago!" Applejack sighed, letting out a small laugh.
      "Ah know... sorry. Ah'll try and wait ah guess..."
      "Good. Now those pigs aren't gonna feed themselves are they AB?"
     "No..." Applebloom rolled her eyes at her sister. AJ laughed and shook her head, putting the rake back and heading indoors to see if granny needed anything else done.

       Meanwhile, the other girls were especially happy for their friends. Even though every time she thought about their relationship, Sunset felt the slightest bit of jealously, she felt more guilt than anything. She was delighted that AJ and Dash were happy, and that was all that necessarily mattered.
It was late evening on a Saturday, and most of the girls were completely exhausted and in bed early. As always, Sunset, Dash and Pinkie ended up being the last ones awake, and, as always, they opened their group chat.

(Herrrreee weee gooooo.....)
PP: Hye u guys
SS: Hey*
RD: 👋
PP: waygutnt?
SS: What
PP: Read the letters
RD: great advice
SS: What's waygutnt?
PP: Are u kidding?!
RD: Nope
PP: UGH
PP: IT OBVIOUSLY MEANS:
PP: What. Are. You. Guys. Up. To. Now. Then?
RD: Oh yes, obviously 🤦‍♀️🤣
SS: Oh
SS: Right...
PP: 😁
PP: Dashie how's ur girlfriend
RD: My girlfriend is great. I have literally never been happier tho. She amazing 😌
SS: Aw u guys r so cute 😄
RD: Thanks! 😉
SS: I'm guessing u guys can't meet tomorrow?
PP: Nope! Sorry Sunshim! Helping some little kids do some baking at a party 🥳
PP: Wait. U ask if anyone can meet EVERY weekend tho
SS: Mhm
RD: Do u just not have a life then?
SS: Pretty much. I never see my parents, don't have any siblings, and so u guys are all I have. I have nothing to do on the weekends.
PP: Do you not have some sorta hobby?
SS: Gaming is it really, gets boring once u complete every level of every game, and beat everyone online
RD: No need to be cocky about it 🤣
SS: Sorry sorry 😅😂
RD: You can draw
SS: I guess, but my sketchbook's nearly full and my paints are a mess. I only really do art in school.
PP: You drew Fluttershy!!
SS: Yeah but that wasn't really part of a hobby. It was for a gift.
RD: Ok well maybe u rlly don't have a life then
SS: Ik....
PP: ☹️
RD: Ok well night guys 👋👋
PP: Night Dash!
PP: Sunset?
PP: SUNSET?
PP: EVERYONE LEFT! NO FAIR ☹️☹️☹️☹️

I YO Oᑌᒪᗪᑎ'T ᗩᒪᖇᗴᗩᗪY Tᗴᒪᒪ, I ᖴᗴᒪT ᒪᗩᘔY ᗩᑎᗪ O TI ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ' IT O ᗰᗴᔕᔕ, ᑭᒪᑌᔕ ᗯᖇITᗴᖇ' ᗷᒪOK, ᗷᑌT O ᗯᗴᒪᒪ... ᗴᑎᒍOY!!! 😅