Chapter 14

OKᗩY ᘜᑌYᔕ! TᕼIᔕ Iᔕ Tᕼᗴ ᒪᗩᔕᘜ ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ (I TᕼIᑎK). I ᗯIᒪᒪ ᗪO ᗩᑎ ᗩᑌTᕼOᖇ'ᔕ ᑎOTᗴᔕ ᔕᗴᑕTIOᑎ Oᑎ Tᕼᗴ ᑎᗴ᙭T ᑭᗩᘜᗴ. ᕼOᑭᗴ ᑌ ᘜᑌYᔕ ᗴᑎᒍOYᗴᗪ Tᕼᗴ ᔕTOᖇY!

       Finally it came, the final day of school. All exams had been completed, and today would be the last school day for the seven girls, as they approached the end of their education. They were mostly excited. This whole week had been used for nothing but relaxation and checking to see if everything had been completed. Most of the girls had achieved a lot during the past few months.
They waited as usual outside the lockers for period one, which wouldn't necessarily be a proper lesson, but they were still expected to attend.
Applejack, Sunset and Twilight met to go to their classroom together.
"How's it going with you and Dash?" Twilight asked AJ once they were sat down. The farm girl took off her hat and lay it beside her, "Ah couldn't be happier." She began to fan herself with her hat, and Sunset did the same with her notebook. As it was the last day before the summer holidays, the school days had just been getting longer, more tiring, and warmer.
"You two really are lucky to have each other," Sunset smiled. "Not sure why I thought I would ever have a chance with you, if it meant competing with Dash. I still feel bad about that..."
"Aw Sunset!" Twilight nudged her friends arm, and Sunset gave Twi a friendly punch in response. Applejack laughed.
"Well Sunset ya needn't be sorry. Ah mean you don't really have control over how ya feel about certain people. Ah know from personal experience," Applejack grinned and Sunset nodded.
"Yeah, you guys are really good for each other," Twilight smiled.
"So, you guys done anything naughty yet?" Sunset smirked and lightly kicked Applejack's foot. She playfully rolled her eyes.
"Not yet."
"Well I suppose these things take time," Sunset raised her eyebrows.
"Oh, ah met her parents the other day too!"
"Were they nice?" Twilight asked, starting to lean back in her chair, but nearly falling off in the process.
Sunset frowned and Applejack, "AJ you cannot tell me you've never met Dash's parents!"
Applejack shook her head and sighed, "Well, 'course ah met them when ah was in fourth grade or somethin', but ah got the chance to get to know them this time ah guess. And yes, they're really nice."
Twilight nodded and smiled, "I'm sure I remember Rainbow telling me how over-protective her parents were."
"Well, ah wouldn't say overprotective, more like really supportive. They literally congratulate her on everything. Plus they're accepting, which is good. Ah would do anything to have parents like hers."
"Me too," Sunset sighed.
Twilight glanced from Sunset's face to Applejack's. "AJ, if you don't mind me asking, what did happen to your parents?"
Applejack hesitated, before shrugging her shoulders and brushing it off like it was nothing. She went to bring the topic away from her personal life, "What about you're parents, Sunset? Ah don't reckon ah've ever heard a lot about them."
Twilight nodded, and both girls stared at Sunset, awaiting an answer.
"I don't know, I just don't see them a lot. That's all. It's not as if I don't make an effort, they just don't have free time. Like you said AJ, I would do anything to have at least one family member who appreciated me. I don't even have a sibling!" Sunset laughed, somewhat sarcastically, and rolled her eyes.
     "Dash doesn't have a sibling," AJ commented.
     "Well, technically, when she marries you, she'll have two siblings!" Twi smirked. Applejack ever so slightly blushed at Twilight's subtle statement.
      "Siblings in-law," Sunset corrected.
      Twilight continued, "Aaaand, when you get married Sunset, you'll have 'at least one family member that appreciates' you..."
      Sunset smiled, her sarcasm once again obvious, "Yeah well I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon. Let's keep it real here." She laughed. This time it may well have been a sincere laugh. The girls laughed along with her.

       The remaining girls, excluding Sunset, AJ and Twi, had a free period two lesson, and so used the opportunity to walk and talk around campus. Rarity came up with the idea that they would take photos at lunch. One photo of all seven of the girls; several photos separately; and one year photo. The students and teachers happily enlightened to the idea.
When lunch came, the girls ate before preparing a place to take photos outside. Once a camera had been successfully set up, all the girls had to do was wait. They decided it would be easier to get the year photo over and done with first. That way, they could take as many photos as they desired afterwards. Rarity went round to the people who had already turned up and carelessly attempted to take selfies with all of them.
The 'Canterlot Leavers 2020' photo finally managed to successfully get taken, and Rarity continued her 'selfie mission'.
Applejack and Rainbow lay next to each other on the grass. Dash was spread out across the ground, her head being propped up by her school bag and shaded from the sun by AJ's iconic hat. Soon enough, Rarity approached them.
"Hiya girls. How about a selfie for my Canterlot High memory board?" Rarity smiled pleadingly. Rainbow mumbled something without taking off the hat to properly respond. Applejack glanced at Rarity, "Are ya sure we don't have enough selfies Rarity?"
Rarity shook her head and pulled out her phone. She grabbed Rainbow and made her sit up straight, and all three girls smiled (some smiles were forced). The purple haired girl, now satisfied, got up to go find some other random kid from their year group. Rainbow grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back, "Sorry Rarity, but can you take a picture of me and AJ real quick?"
Rarity happily agreed. The two lovers stood next to each other. They both had sparkles in their eyes.
Rarity counted them down, "Okay. One... two...."
On three, both girls coincidentally turned to crash their lips onto each other's. The photo worked especially well. It seemed fake, like it had been photoshopped. It was so picturesque and they were delighted with the result. Of course, they held their kiss for longer than one measly photo. You could probably take a whole two minute video of them, never parting lips.
When they finally pulled away, they lay back down, clasping each other's hand.
"You know, I was obsessed with you way before we started this whole thing," Dash started, her eyes closed, smiling, facing the bright sky above her.
"Ah know. Ah felt the same way."
"Mhm. Well, I'm not saying I'm not in love with you now. Of course I am. I'm totally in love you. You don't understand how much I-"
"Ah understand sugarcube. Ah'm 'totally' in love with ya too."

TᕼᗩᑎK O ᖇᗴᗩᗪIᑎᘜ!!! ⬇️⬇️⬇️