Prologue

3rd POV

Margo asks her friend Milo to tell her sister she loves her, a single tear falling before collapsing the tunnels as soldiers begin arriving.

Milo pushes Nikolas ahead by reminding him of his children who are waiting with his mother and that there is nothing they can do as Margo made her choice and collapsed the tunnels and he has already sealed the access doors

~~~

Nikolas tells Cora of Milo sealing the doors behind him, leaving left her sister, his aunt, for dead. "I understand perfectly." She says staring him down. "You left my sister to die, Councilman Milos."

"That is uncalled for, Elder Summers

"That is uncalled for, Elder Summers." She took a step towards him.

"Tell me Councilman what have you ever sacrificed for our people?" she moves back and orders her son and daughter-in-law to grab their seats with her granddaughters before looking back at him before boarding. "You have given our people nothing. No not no thing you and your fellow coucilmen brought us war and death all because you would not listen when we warned you. We told you they were not ready to know of us. We warned you of the consequences of giving them what was effectively an all-access pass to our records. But did you ever heed a word? No, you were to busy wanting to share and use the very gifts bestowed upon us for your own uses. All that has happened can be laid at your feet."

"That is not fair, Elder! I am not the only one on the council."

"No, you aren't but you are the one that wrote, pushed and instated the law. Oh, and let's not forget how you deliberately went out of your way to ensure that no Elder would be able to stop you or your followers by activating magics you had no rite to use. Now you are the last of the Grand Witches Council while we few Elders that remained prepared for the doom that was sure to follow your actions. How fortunate that our planning was mostly completed as we began preparing the moment your plans were brought forth."

The train doors close behind her as she steps in.

~~~

The train was being followed by a plane. As she looked around she could see the fear of her people but more importantly was her two granddaughters who were wrapped in their parents' arms. Beautiful Clara Jean already a teenager and sweet Emily Rose who held tightly to her stuffed monkey, Mr. Chip. Nikolas was the only child still remaining as her youngest and third child Cyrus had been killed in one of the first air raids, and their sister, her only girl, Genesis had passed as an infant due to birth complications.