Settling

Once within the chaos I begin my search for my newest cluster of stars. I find them near the cluster holding the memories I hold in experiencing death; the deaths of my parents, daughter, husband, son, so many friends, Margo, and myself. As I absorb them and begin placing them I watch.

~~~

She could not be anymore than a few months old and yet they probe at her with needles day in and day out as a woman with caramel hair asks questions and says that they need answers.

A tall dark-skinned man stands beside the woman, one of the doctors. "Are you sure about this?"

"There's no other choice. We can't figure out what the mutation is or what it does other than having turned her blood black. Without answers, I have to label her a threat to the population. We just can't take the risk."

"Are you really considering Diana's offer?"

"Yes." She says turning to look at him. "I may have given birth to the girl but she's not my child. She's a danger to us all."

"What does Jake say?" She turns away from him and places her hand to the incubator. With her looking down at the infant, her hair hides the look of disgust the woman holds for her infant daughter.

"Jake knows it's for the best we have nothing to do with her. At this point, he just wants to pretend she never existed. As far as he's concerned, I miscarried and we're going to try again. Please don't mention it to him, this has all been hard enough on us." The man never notices the woman's upturned lips as he agrees. "You're a good friend, Thelonious."

~~~

Her only contact is the people who come in full hazmat suits to feed or change her. Once she can feed and clean up after herself even that small bit of human interaction ends. They stop coming into the quarantine room and instead open the door just wide enough to place her nutrient tray down.

~~~

The caramel haired doctor is back. She hasn't seen her in a long time. The doctor comes in and grabs hold of her saying it's time to move her to the skybox. She's excited, she's never been outside her room before and as she steps out a man with dark brown hair and blue eyes enters the medical ward. He spots the caramel haired doctor next to her and his eyes trail down to see her. His face goes slack looking at her before his eyes snap to the doctor furious.

"Abby, what is going on?"

Dr. 'Abby' hands me off to another and tells him to complete the transfer as she needs to speak with her husband. I look back at the man and suddenly feel a sharp and painful pinch at my neck before everything goes hazy.

~~~

I was locked in the box for days. My body hurt and I wished for my old room. There the doctors would feed me and give my water but here I was forgotten.

~~~

The girl who held this body before her died of thirst and starvation. I realized that in all the memories I'd gone though the girl never spoke. My magic made it clear it was possible and I thought it over before realizing that she was never actually taught. 'Abby' her mother was always the last to leave. She remembered a few of the other doctor's speaking to her and trying to get her to respond the correct way but she hadn't known how. Abby told them she thought her mutation made her simple and it was another reason for her to be kept from the general population.

Well, fuck that. She was anything but simple. That woman had no understanding of what it was to be part of a family.

~~~

A/N: Yes, there is slight bashing to Abby's character here. Honestly, I never really liked Abby aside from the first few chapters. Abby was the reason her husband was floated (executed for those who haven't watched the show, you really should though it's pretty awesome) and effectively that her daughter would also, once she turned 18. She saw her husband doing what he knew was right and 'accidentally' informed Jaha that he planned on defying the council and 'thought' he wouldn't punish him. How do you do something like that by 'accident' and knowing your laws and being one of the enforcers not expect punishment to be carried out? Even when she comes to Earth, despite what she's been told she believes she is the one in the right. Yes, she accepts the consequences later on somewhat but let's be honest here she let a boy her daughter's age, a boy she knew was her daughter's best friend and who loved her take the blame for her actions.

I never understood how Clarke could accept her back so easily. I understand that for a hot minute she thought Abby was dead and that she went through a lot but I don't understand how that erased all she had done and continued to do. Honestly, I think having seen her mother's own habits is how Clarke gets a few of her own major faults.

Regardless, I'll be somewhat highlighting on this but for the most part Abby Griffin is a non-entity for 'Cora'. Abby will come to realize the actions she took were wrong but is going to avoid them as doing so gave her Clarke. Let's be honest if Clarke just keeps forgiving her mom for everything it's likely because she's a momma's girl.

Oh and as you have likely noticed there hasn't been any sort of name given to her yet in fact she only has a number (as despite being a infant and then child she was marked a 'danger' only minutes after her birth. As all babies have a blood tests done immediately following birth.)

~~~

"Prisoner 132, you have company."

~~~

Character Info

Original Name: Coraline 'Cora' Lewis-Summers

Cause of Death: Magical Blowback of energy near instantaneously ripping away flesh and muscle leaving nothing but her magically irradiated bones left.

New Name: *Currently Unnamed* Isis Griffin

Prison Number : 132

Year Born: May 2130 (Age at Canon: 19) (Age Sent to Ground: 16)

Family: Jake Griffin (Father; Canon Death: 2148), Abigail Griffin (Mother/Egg-Donor), Clarke Griffin (Little Sister born October 2131), Lincoln (Boyfriend/Husband; Canon Death: 2150, 159 Days after the 100 land)

Face Claim: Young! Jodelle Ferland as toddler and child; Katie Mcgrath as teen and adult