Heda

Week 3, Earth

It was 23 days after they arrived on the ground, that he heard it from where he was gathering berries outside the walls. The thud of horse hooves and neighing. He grabbed the radio at his side. "Isis, get inside the walls. We have company." They stopped only a dozen or so feet away from him. Front and center was a young woman around his daughter's age.

"Dad!" Isis came running out from the front gate to his side and his heart nearly stopped when he saw one of the bows aimed at her.

He tried to move in front of her, trying and failing to hide her behind his larger frame but it was already to late for that.

"Dad stop." She told him, putting her hand to his arm and moving to place herself in front of him instead. 

"So he is your father only, not a guard. That is good, he makes for a poor one despite his size." Isis eyes narrowed at that and he grimaced knowing the girl was right. Out of the two of them, Isis was the fighter. As much as his sweet girl had told him they were not alone and he had seen all her magic could do he had still doubted that people survived. Oh, he had done some of the training she asked him to join in. He stretched and ran with her every morning, even let her teach him how to fight a bit. He even worked with the weights and tried the rock wall but he had refused to touch the weapons. Now he wondered if he'd live to regret that.

If we get out of this alive, I swear I'll take this more seriously. I'll learn everything I need to survive here. Please God, anyone, just don't let my little girl be hurt.

"Watch it."

"Yu dare gon hedplei Oso Heda, Skai goufa!/You dare to command our Commander, sky child!" A man's deep voice cut though the momentary silence, coldly.

"Hosh op/Quiet, Tristan. Why are you here Sky person?"

"As you can see, we've been making this valley our home."

"Yes, I do see. I see you have invaded land that is not yours."

"It is mine." she smirked at the other brunette enjoying how her eyes reflected how she'd been caught off guard by her response even if her face did not. 

"Isis." He called her under his breathe only for her to give him the same look she had on the Ark. The look that asked him if he trusted her and despite his worry and fear of her being hurt, he nodded. She turned back to the other young girl.

"How about we both be honest with each other? I know you've been watching us. In case it somehow skipped the attention of the 2 you had watching us, and considering my light show a few days ago along with everything else they've watched me do I doubt it, you know that I can do things others can't. What you might not realize is what I can do also allows me to know things. Things like the fact no one has lived or even really done anything except pass through and occasionally hunt on the outskirts of land I've claimed in well over 70 years. Earth itself declared these land unclaimed until I made them mine. In case you didn't get it, that light show was my claim."

"The Earth? You speak as though it is alive."

"Because it is. Everything that grows, that lives has a soul. We're just more aware."

"You are strange, sky person."

"My name is Isis Griffin." she nods at her name.

"I am Lexa, the Commander." she took a dagger from her side and Jake pulled her back towards him. Lexa slid the blade across the palm of her hand before holding it out, revealing her blood. "You are natblida, a nightblood, like me."

"My God." He whispered in shock from her side.

"What does the color of my blood have to do with anything?"