The Coalition 1

"Commander, if I may ask. Why allow the girl to keep the valley?" Anya asked her upon their journey back to Polis.

"Anya, my old friend. Think of her power. Kenari and Lincoln have both witnessed it. She can call the fish to her even change the landscape by asking the Earth to bend to her will. If we made her out enemy and chose to use her power in any of those manners we have already seen? We would have no meat but what of our crops? We do not know if she could effect them from a distance but I would not say it impossible. She could starve us should she choose."

"Would it not make sense to gather our army and kill her now then?" Indra asked this time.

"We already know she can change the landscape of the Earth. What would stop her from simply raising the ground to throw us from our mounts or commanding the trees to attack us when she could command their roots to lift away from the paths she built? No, this way she shall be our ally."

"And if she chooses a mate from another Clan?"

"She cannot. I was rather specific after all. I said she must choose Trikru not a 'grounder' as she and her father call us. She shall be tied to our people. I would not dare take the risk otherwise with the Valley lying between the borders of two other Clans as well." Anya looked at her for a moment before giving a small shiver from her horse.

"The Azgeda prince."

"Yes. Can you imagine if Isis chose to ally with Azgeda? I have no doubt should Queen Nia learn of her power she would attempt to offer her son. Of course there is also Shen of Shallow Valley to the south but despite his immense size and skill as a warrior he is a true ally of Trikru. I also doubt he would hold much interest in someone so young."

A/N: Shen of Shallow Valley is an OC that will appear now and then Depending on how people like him he may show more often though I don't see it right now. I imagine him to look a lot like Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson in Scorpion King or Hercules.

 I imagine him to look a lot like Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson in Scorpion King or Hercules

~~~

Month 5 Week 2, Earth

Queen Nia was furious at the existence of Skaikru and that the child before her held the title Queen of the Sky. She stood at the meeting for the formation of the Coalition and posed her question. "How can this girl and her father be a Clan? There are only two of them. This talk is foolish." Murmurs broke out amongst the Clans.

Isis realizing Queen Nia's plan posed a question of her own. "If a Clan is destroyed down to a single person, does the clan still existence? Does it not still live?"

Another grounder, the future leader of Shallow Valley spoke now. "She is correct. If any of our Clans fell to a single soul it would not matter. The Clan survives through them. Let the first to say otherwise be the one to die out and their land taken."

"Thank you, Shen of Shallow Valley. Regardless, Queen Nia there are plans to communicate with my people in space. Currently we are limited by the materials we hold but we believe that given enough time, perhaps a year or two, we will have everything we need to contact them and have them land on the ground." Isis makes eye contact with each of the Clan leaders. "I have only one worry for this. If my people come down the landing will not be controlled. While they will be able to estimate their landing it is not unlikely that they could land off course should something go wrong."