The Mountain

Month 7-10, Earth

Isis breaks into the mountain and spent the next months learning and watching. She learns the schedules of the guards and their shift changes. She learns the passcodes to various sectors. She learns who was cruel and especially enjoys the torture of their captives. She ensures that none of the grounders that Dr. Tsing uses in her little experiments dies by bringing them home to Sky Valley where her father has begun helping them along side of a number of healers from the other nations, showing them other ways to heal and even teaching a number of them CPR.

As time passes though she fears Lexa and the nations may be growing tired of her taking her time in learning of those living within Mt. Weather despite the fact that she has had more success then they ever have. She knows if the grounders choose to act they will expect her to lead them in and she cannot allow that. She knows that her agreement with them would be forfeit than and then the innocent would pay for the crimes of the guilty.

~~~

She had to act fast and so she began picking off the worst of their guard every time they would go out. She set small errors into their systems that would kill off their worst that would irradiate the section they were in. Their own systems automatically locking them within the irradiated areas.

She watched as Dante and Cage Wallace panicked as they tried and failed to correct the problem. They had come to the conclusion that Mount Weather was on its last legs, untrue but a reasonable assumption. They had ordered their people to keep quiet and hide the true reason the guards had died saying that the 'savages' were getting smarter and their attack on them was what had caused their exposure to the radiation.

The containment and dispersal units for their Acid Fog was the next to fall. She spent weeks creating a kill switch code that would lead to a catastrophic failure. A failure that would bring the Wallace father-son duo running with their most trusted and most dangerous. Once inside the room that was used to create and control it well, game over Mount Weather.

~~~

She sounded the alarms signaling all that remained within the mountain to move to level 5, the resident areas. She watched from the main control room as they all moved. 35 Guards, 13 of which having never explored the outside. Surprising they had only had a small number of those that did, perhaps it was only later on, when the 100 arrived, that they had begun venturing out more. God knows they drew a shit ton of attention to themselves. Another 10 were new recruits while the remaining 7 were those that had been asked to come out of retirement. And all of them were spread out. She locked a majority of the few elite remaining away from the others ensuring they could not join with those in level 5.

She dragged the two she captured from the room and brought them with her to where the others had gathered. Once they were kneeled she cleared her throat. An elderly woman near her gasped upon seeing her leather clad form. "Containment breach! There's a containment breach!

"The savages are inside!" Called one of the newest recruits as he guided some of the people back against the walls in an attempt to get them away from her.

" You bleed those living above the ground to death! For what? A few extra years? You care for nothing but your own survival. Damning the mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, sisters, and brothers of those who live on the outside. You are the only savages here!" She told them all in a loud but clear voice. She grabbed the hood of her dress and removed it, revealing her face to them.

 She grabbed the hood of her dress and removed it, revealing her face to them

"I am Queen Isis Griffin of the Sky People and ruler of Sky Valley. I have a deal for all of you. Join me and I will give you your freedom. You will be able to survive, to live on the ground. The other 12 nations residing outside Mount Weather are sick and tired of their people being taken and butchered. Of their people being turned into little more than animals that would attack their own family because you people have drugged and tortured them to the point they no longer recognize those who had been part of their lives. Become my people and you will know what it is to live, not just survive. Don't and I have no choice but to turn you over to those your people have acted against."

"How do we know we can trust you?"

"How can you guarantee a way out for us?" A man I found somewhat familiar pushed forward, a girl just a few years younger than me calling out for him.

"My father was a Senior Environmental Engineer on the space station we lived on before coming to Earth. Together we've designed these bracelets." In truth Dad had designed the bracelets for health monitoring while her magic and the small needle like structures would be what would save them. They would have needed to kill to make it to the ground otherwise and she simply couldn't allow that.

"They will act as a shield of sorts that protects you from the radiation yet it will also slowly acclimate your body to the radiation levels. We believe that those of you below certain age point will only have to wear the wristbands for a short period of time before fully acclimated. This will likely be anyone below that age 16 and take anywhere from 1-3 years, those older but below the age of 50 will take anywhere from 4-10 years, and anyone else will likely need them for the rest of their lives." It would also allow the 12 nations to know or rather to believe that she was effectively keeping them chained as the bands could not be released without magic.