Coalition 2

A/N: There will be 1 or 2 more chapters before we time skip to the 100's arrival.

~~*~~

Lexa stood in front of her throne as Isis and the representatives of the other clans sat in their seats. She looked upon each of them, a hidden glint of success in her eyes.

"Welcome to Polis, once again. We are here to acknowledge Isis Griffin's success in taking the Mountain." The others roared their joy loudly, all but one. "As sworn here, by all 12 Clans, we honor our word and accept Skaikru into the fold as the 13th Clan!"

"I hold to no such foolishness!" A woman's voice called, silencing the room.

"Queen Nia, you were the first to encourage this."

"I did not."

"You told her to go ahead, Queen Nia. Even if your words were spoken in mocking you did so and now you will honor it."

"She is a little girl. How do we know she held to her word? That she does not work with the Mountain Men. She let them live!" Isis narrowed her eyes, realizing that she was trying to turn the Clans against her so that she would not have to acknowledge Skaikru.

"I let the innocent live just as was agreed upon when we last met here, in Polis. I am no child murderer."

"Skaireina is correct, we agreed to this. I, unlike some, will not go back on my word." Shen spoke. "More so, I know that not nearly as many of my people would be as well as they were this winter had her father, the builder, not shown my people how to build these clay bricks and it is the same for many of you. Is it not?" Murmering broke out.

"Chanbreika, has also allowed for a new life in her lands for those she saved from the life of a reaper. We all know none of us have allowed them back. Few were able to be saved but saved they were and this is why she is the Chain Breaker. She did what none of us thought could ever be possible. I acknowledge Skaikru as ally to my people." Spoke the ambassador of Ouskejon Kru (Blue Cliff Clan).

"I second this." Spoke the representative for Trishanakru (Glowing Forest). The Yujledakru (Broadleaf), Boudalankru (Rock Line), Floukru (Boat People), Ingranronakru (Plain Riders), Podakru (Lake People), Delfikru (Delphi), and Sangedakru (Desert Clan) followed. In truth it was the last two that were somewhat hesitant as they had few of their people taken but still they honored their word.

"The Trikru (Woods Clan) honor their word. What does Azgeda say?" All looked to Queen Nia. Her face seemingly more pinched than usual and lips slightly pursed as her teeth clenched.

"The claim for Skaikru will be honored by Azgeda" Lexa's seemed to lose the tension in her shoulders somewhat but stayed on guard as Isis looked at Queen Nia knowing she was not finished. "when she and my son Prince Roan are wed." Queen Nia's smirk made Isis want to send an arrow straight through the Ice Queen's heart.

"I am afraid that is impossible, Queen Nia." Isis spoke before Lexa could a tight smile on her face as she controlled the rage she felt bubbling within her.

"You dare? I give you a way to have what you wish, for your ridiculous claim to be honored, but you dare to insult me by rejecting my son!"

"My claim is honored, Queen Nia. It is only you who insults all those here by backing out and dishonoring yourself by not holding yourself to our agreement. Now you try to create another but as I said it is not possible. I already hold an agreement with the Commander to marry one of the Trikru. I honor my word. The question is will you?" The woman's eyes narrowed and she stood.

"I do not accept this Coalition and so long as I live I say Skaikru is no Clan." She spat at them before walking out.

~~*~~

"We meet as the 12 Clans of the Coalition. Azgeda has refused to join us but be that as it may, we stand here today. Today in the acknowledgement of a new Clan and in an alliance with a strength never seen before. An attack upon one of us is an attack of us all." They clapped as her speech went on before finally it reached its end. "Now before we leave and each of you returns to your people with the news Skaikru must provide the symbol of their people. Skaireina Isis, has your Clan symbol been chosen?"

 Skaireina Isis, has your Clan symbol been chosen?"

"Yes." She lifted the necklace she wore around her neck to lay above her cloak and grabbed the sketch she had made of it. Much like the symbol of the Ark it held a triquetra. Where the triquetra's loops for the Ark was wider and more circular, hers was narrow and more oval (shaped like an almond). The Ark's triquetra was surrounded by stars before being encircled by what was almost a halo of feathers, all of which was designed in grey on a black border. The lines of her own were done in black on a white border. Her triquetra entangled in a quarter moon covered in spiral patterns. She had designed it to represent her past and present life as a witch.

 She had designed it to represent her past and present life as a witch

~~*~~

~~*~~

~~*~~

A/N: What do you guys think of my change is to the Skaikru clan symbol?