The Calm

A/N: Ok, so I've made a couple charts I'll be using regarding the Ark stations and population which will come up within the next chapter or so.

"Bold"= Trigedasleng

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Mt. Weather

Two flags with the Skaikru symbol were raised as they approached. They would soon reach the clearing within minutes, the sounds of the village already reaching them. Isis came down from her horse, Fury, as they walked into the clearing. The 53 were frozen when they saw rows of clay brick homes with tile roofing, large communal building built into the side of the mountain. Built into the side of the mountain just a dozen yards or so from the main entrance was Isis' wedding gift for her father and Anya. A home of their own that she used her magic to carve into the mountain they would rule over. Those who lived in Mt. Weather had helped her while the two dealt with issues within. It was a gift she had unveiled before Anya left to see Lexa.

The people were doing their daily jobs but paused at the sight of their returning queen and the Sky people that had come with her. The 53 looked around in shock at all the people and more so the families. One in particular catching their eye was a woman with three children eating berries in front of their mother who was heavy with another.

 One in particular catching their eye was a woman with three children eating berries in front of their mother who was heavy with another

"Skaireina! Skaireina!" The children called as they caught sight of Isis who smiled at them. The smallest girl ran forward with a crown of wildflowers and Isis smiled.

"Hello Gypsy. Are you behaving for your mother?"

"Yes, thai-ena" The lisp from her missing two front teeth causing her to skip the s, k, and r sounds adorably.

"Is that for me?" Gypsy nodded and held it out as high as she could with both hands. Isis bent down so she was in reach and Gypsy placed it on her head. "Hmm, you know this might just be my favorite crown so far." Isis winked and let out a small laugh when she blushed and ran back to her mother's side. She could hear the teens talking amongst themselves about how many children there were and how open everything was. She couldn't wait until they saw Skai Kliron.

"Isis!" Jake Griffin's voice called from ahead of her and she looked forward to find him standing with Anya and Tris. She smiled and waved at them.

"Dad!" Clarke shouted and ran forward. She jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly as she glared at Anya. Isis walked up with Charlotte.

"I'll show you all where you will be staying for the next few nights before we continue on to Skai Kliron. Tonight there will be several bonfires set up to cook dinner but for now you can all rest."

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Anya takes in the sight of them as they join the feast that night. They look like they have never seen a day of battle.

"They haven't." Isis responds and Anya turns to her not having realized she spoke aloud.

"You did not look like them upon our first meeting." 

"No, I didn't but then again I was locked away on the Ark for as long as I can remember for being  natblida." Anya makes a look of disgust at the fact.

"Who is the little one with your husband?"

"Charlotte. My adopted child." Anya's head snaps to her so quickly Isis is sure she'll have whiplash. "She was placed in a cell next to my own for attacking the guards who came to collect her parents' things after they were executed. I had to leave her, she would not have survived the journey in the ship I used even with my ways."

"A shame. Tris and her are of a similar age." Anya and Isis share a look.

"Perhaps they might spar together once I have given her training."

"I am sure Tris will look forward to having someone her age to play with."

"You mean someone she can actually defeat."

"Is it not the same thing? What of the girl you spoke with as you rode in?"

"Octavia Blake. Her brother was once a friend, he is wary of me now."

"He looks for enemies in every direction. A warrior?"

"He was training to be but with the Ark finding her he would have destroyed his chance at that."

"And now?"

"His choice. Octavia however has the potential to be a fine second." Isis says hintingly and Anya looks to the young girl again.

"She is soft."

"We all were once."

"Perhaps. Your sister does not care for me." Anya states matter-of-factly, not caring for Clarke's distaste of her one way or another. Isis looks to where Clarke sits across the large camp fire with their father's arm wrapped around her shoulders as they talk and eat.

"Clarke hopes our father might reunite with Abigail." Isis' lips press together as she holds back a scowl.

"Clarke and her mother shall be sorely disappointed then. My husband to be knows full well I will detach his manhood should he try to betray me, not that he would either way." Anya smirks. "I know how to keep what is mine more than satisfied."

"Ick." Isis grimaces. "Okay, don't need to know about . . . that." She says as though it was the worst thing imaginable. "I'm just gonna, go!" Isis runs to Lincoln's side, Anya's laughter echoing behind her.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Charlette leans her head drowsily against Lincoln. He had taken his time to place small braids into her hair like he had once done for his little sister before winter had taken her at the age of 6. Annie had been born smaller then any babe he'd seen even in his adult life and she had remained small even as she grew. She was fragile, her body weak, and because of this he knew she would not live long even then. The little one next to him reminded him of her not in appearance but character the more she spoke as she grew comfortable and confident. He could not help they swell of joy when his bride to be had named him father to the child she adopted and the girl had smiled wide at it in acceptance.

He looked up at the sound of Anya's laughter two fires over to find his love quickly dashing through the crowd to him. His lips twitching upwards at the large smile on her pink bow lips. Isis dropped down to sit between his legs in front of the log he sat on exaggeratively and leaned back against him as his thick arm came to wrap around her softly. She was always so amazed at how gentle he was with her. It was so different to what she had known in her past life. She sighed in contentment as she looked around. Her eyes resting on Charlotte just a moment longer as she took in the girl she'd come to love as her own sleeping against the man she loved as he held her propped up with his other arm. Isis tilted her head to look at him. "Not even married and our family is already growing." He smiled down at her before pressing a kiss to her lips. He could not help thinking that she was right, they were already building a little family of their own. How little did either him or Isis know that even before the arrival of the 100 their little family was already growing.