Two.

"How long has it been?" I asked my best friend, Megan, for what seemed like the hundredth time, pacing back and forth in my bedroom. Her eyes shifted from the upside down pregnancy test in her hands to the timer on my phone then back to the test.

"Two minutes and 45 seconds." Her voice was monotone. For as long as I have known Megan, now going on fifteen years, we had never gone this long with being serious. Megan has already had two kids with her high school sweetheart now husband, Josh.
I put my blonde hair into a high ponytail. My hair's length has reached all the way to my lower back so even in a high ponytail, it would still touch the very top of my butt.
I continued to pace from the end of the bed to the tall windows, glancing at the view of Downtown Los Angeles peaking from distance.
The timer chimed. I froze in place, staring at the test in her hands.
"Sit down!" Megan exclaimed, handing me the test. I sat down on the bed, gripping the test in my fingers with both hands. We looked at each other and smiled nervously before I flipped the test over. I dropped my shoulders, along with my smile. The negative test blurred from behind the tears building in my eyes. "You guys have only been trying for two months. You know it took me three years to conceive Jackson."

"But Jackson is your second child." I whispered. The tears started rolling down my face.
"I'm just saying don't be upset. It'll happen." I grasped the test in my fist, wrapping my arms around her in a hug.
The front door slamming shut scared the both of us out of the hug. Jake's voice calling my name from downstairs traveled loudly.
"In the bedroom!" I yelled back. Megan helped wipe away my tears. "Shit. I didn't think he'd be back from his run already."
"At least you guys can be in the moment together instead of telling him later and feeling this all over again." She reassured me. I nodded my head. I jolted my eyes to the open bedroom door now that I could finally hear what Jake was yelling about.
"Baby! You are never going to guess who read your script and wants to direct it!" Jake's voice said from the stairs then the hallway. "You really won't guess but you're going to lose your fucking mind!" His voice got closer as he finally appeared in the doorway. "Oh, hey Megan. What's going—" His smiling face glowing. His eyes met mine, dropped to the test in my hand then back up. "Oh, my god. Are you.." He examined my expression before he could say anything. I couldn't control the tears. I dropped the test onto the floor and held my face into my hands. Jake quickly brought himself to me, falling to his knees. He peeled my hands from my face to wrap them around him. I buried my face into his neck.

"I'll leave you two alone." Megan whispered before I heard the bedroom door shut. I cried silently, holding onto his sweat drenched shirt.
"We can keep trying." Jake eventually whispered, gently. "We will keep trying." I nodded my head, sighing deeply. He lifted my head by cupping the sides of my face with his hands. He wiped the tears from my face with his thumbs and pecked a kiss on my lips.
I gradually raised my eyes to meet Jake's, also with tears falling. The tears started building in my eyes again.
"Awww, baby!" He wiped away the tears. "The good news will make you feel so much better. I know it will." I looked into his eyes and shrugged my shoulders. "Honey...Chris Evans wants to direct your script." I raised my eyebrows and widened my eyes.
"I didn't know my script was sent to Captain America!" My voice was scratchy and tired. Jake laughed and shook his head.

"He's not Captain America anymore. He's Captain Director." I let out a giggle and a little smile curled my lips. I kissed his lips, desperately trying to cheer up from the news. "He also wants to meet with you tonight."
"Tonight!?" I shrieked.
"It'll be good for you, for us. A distraction." I sighed and agreed. "You go get into the shower first while I get Megan to leave..." I giggled again. "...I'll join you in the shower, we can try again for a baby then can blast some music and have fun getting ready." He pushed the baby hairs away from my forehead to place a few behind my ear. I nodded my head, kissing his lips.