Twenty Eight.

Chris was right about the months of editing following the long months of filming. Three months of editing to be exact. After reshoots on a few scenes and those being edited, the movie was released to critics. The movie was given a mid November release date. There were both negative and positive reviews from them so far but even Chris had negative things to say about it. I chose not to watch it in its completion until I was with my dad at the last premiere in Boston.
Chris and I continued to keep our relationship quiet. The cast and crew knew we were official after the wrap party but that was it. We avoided the questions we were still getting about kissing on the restaurant's patio at Mykie's birthday party. We even avoided being seen together in public. That didn't stop us from sneaking to each other's places at night to fuck like we had never fucked another person before.

***

A few weeks before the premieres, we had a press tour that would start in Los Angeles and end in Boston. By the time we made it to New York, only a few days before the premiere, everyone was sleep deprived and tired of the same questions.
The Tom's sat on either side of me in a hotel room brightened with big lights and posters of the movie. Chris sat off to the side but in my eyesight. Our publicists sat close by as we waited for the next interviewer.

"I'm surprised they haven't said anything about me taking your wanker ex-husband's role." Tommy whispered to me. Tommy would stay in character in between takes so it almost made me forget how British he was. Tom glared at him from the other side of me.
"Need I remind you again, Tommy?" He said, annoyed. I fumbled with the lid on my coffee cup. I sipped on the warm coffee watching their exchange.
"I know. He's your mate."
"Right and technically you didn't take the role."
"But he is an wanker." I added to their dispute. Tommy laughed but Tom nudged my side. I shrugged my shoulders. My publicist, Carrie, shushed us before introducing the next interviewer. The interviewer interrupted Carrie, shaking everyone's hands.

"Becky Ross. E! News dot com head reporter." She repeated with every hand shake. I scrunched my nose at Carrie while Becky sat down in her chair across from us. I had a gut feeling this might end badly. "Are we ready?" She asked us. We all nodded our heads. Her first question was to the Tom's asking how it was transitioning back to a 'normal role' after being in the Marvel world. Their answers faded into mumbling in my head. My eyes met with Chris' eyes already smiling at me. He was slouching back in the chair and hiding his face under his baseball hat, as always. His head on his knuckles with his phone illuminating his eyes. He winked and puckered his lips at me. I smiled back. The sound of Becky's voice came back to my ears. "Maybe I should ask her again?"

"Huh? What?" I asked, looking around.
"I asked you a question but I could try again after you've had more coffee." She squinted her eyes at me while I was reaching for my coffee. I let out a sarcastic giggle.
"I'm sorry. Could you repeat the question?"
"Mhmm." Her tone was more sarcastic now. "When you wrote this script you were married to Jake Gyllenhaal?"
"Um. Yes." I answered. I kept my eyes strongly on her. I noticed Chris sat up straight in the chair and put his phone away.
"Did he help you a lot when you were writing it?"
"I don't ask for help when I write screenplays. I would have someone read it and they either say 'yes' or 'no' and I go from there." The Tom's chuckled at my answer but Becky kept a straight face.
"Will Jake enjoy the movie?"
"Umm." I shifted my eyes to Carrie and back to Becky.
"What does Jake think since—"

"Thank you!" Carrie stood up, interrupting. Becky glared her eyes at me again.
"You're asking me if I know what my ex-husband is thinking. I can't help you with that." I snapped at her. She shook Tom and Tommy's hands but ignored me holding my hand out. Chris stood up from his chair. I covered my mouth with my hand watching her walk away. The door opened and closed loudly. "Is she gone?" I asked the room. Chris nodded his head angrily. "What the fuck was that?! Did you check her questions before she came in here?" Carrie held her hands up in the air.
"I swear I did. She snuck those in."
"Fucking snake." Tommy said between hits on his vape. 
"Get her boss on the phone." Chris said furiously pointing to his publicist, Megan, behind him. Her body jolted at his outburst and immediately started making phone calls.
"Don't get her fired, Chris. She's just doing her job." I said to him to try to calm him down.
"Not when she pulls that shit to my gir—cast." He corrected himself, looking around the room. Everyone in the room were attached to their phones. They weren't paying attention. He spun around to his Megan staring at her phone too. "Meg? What's taking so long?"

"I have the number for her boss but there's something more important, Chris." Megan stood from her chair to whisper something into his ear. His back was to me and the Tom's. The three of us stared at them silently in an attempt  to hear what was going on. Carrie's phone started ringing. My eyes searched the room for an answer. Tom's publicist, Christine, was also watching something intensely on her phone. Chris covered his mouth with his hand.
"Chris?" I whispered. He kept his back to us. I exchanged nervous glances with the Tom's. Tommy and I took long hits from our vapes and released the clouds of smoke into the room at the same time. The clouds cleared just as Chris finally turned around to walk up to us. His hand was still covering his mouth.
"They released the nominations for the Academy Awards." He began from behind his hand. The Tom's and I sat at the edge of our seats. "I'm nominated for Best Director." Chris' jaw dropped with his hand. We all jumped up from our chairs to celebrate. I hugged Chris tightly.

"Wait. There's more." Carrie said from behind us. I released my hug from Chris to see Carrie handing me her phone. The video of the nominations was paused. I quieted the room before starting the video. I held it up so the Tom's and Chris could see.
"The nominees for Best Supporting Actor are.. Tom Holland, The Boss." I held onto the phone as we all screamed and hollered. Tom instantly got on the phone to text his family. The rest of the nominees were named. Everyone was silent for the next category. "The nominees for Best Actor are.." We all stared at the screen as a few names were announced. "..Tom Hardy, The Boss." Screams bounced off the walls. I hugged Tommy. I felt someone hold onto my arm. I released Tommy to see Chris holding my arm with his phone held up between us. I looked at the phone to see my name then back to his eyes.

"You're nominated for Best Screenplay."
"Oh, my god." I said slowly as I held onto Tommy's arms. Tommy shook me back to reality. I remembered the phone in my hand was still playing the nominations video. I wiped the tears from my eyes to watch the video.
"The nominations for Best Actress are.." I held my breath. Chris and I locked our eyes onto each other. "..Sarah Rose, The Boss."
"No fucking way!" I yelled. I leaped into Chris' arms. The Tom's patted my arms and back. I brought my feet back to the ground. Chris and I had our faces inches from each other. Tom popped up next to us.
"The Boss is nominated for Best Picture! That's five nominations!" We all yelled, jumped and hugged each other as we celebrated.