Twenty Six.

"Hey kiddo." My dad said to me, holding me in his arms. I smiled at Chris behind him.
"Hi dad! I missed you."
"I missed you, too. Let me look at you." I held onto his shoulders as he pinched my face. "My girl." I hugged him again tightly.
"I see you already met my boyfriend." I released Dad from the hug to hold Chris' hand.
"I sure did. I gave him the talk."
"What talk?" I scoffed. Chris quickly averted the attention back to him.

"Mr. Rose, I would like to introduce you to my mother and father. Lisa and Robert Evans." The three of them shook hands.
"Please, call me Steve." Dad patted Chris on the back. I raised an eyebrow at Chris. As the three of them talked, I pulled Chris away from them.
"He likes you." I whispered as I pretended to fix his shirt. Chris frowned his eyebrows at me. "The whole 'call me Steve' and pat on the back thing. He likes you." His eyes widened.
"Really? Are you sure? He really scared the shit out of me. He said he would send me back to Boston in a bag. Did you tell him I'm from Boston or did he google that? I couldn't—" I shushed him, giggling at his nervous rant.
"I told him about you. I know I said I wouldn't talk about Jake but my dad never did that with him. Not even when we were married." A small smile curled the edge of his mouth as he let out a sigh of relief. I gulped down the rest of my drink. I smiled at a waitress as I handed her my empty glass. She smiled back while handing me another rum and Coke. "What were you going to say outside?" I looked into Chris' blue eyes. He leaned in closer.
"I was going to say that I—"

"Attention everyone!" Mykie shouted over the crowd standing on a chair. "Attention!" Everyone quieted down. "Thank you. Can I please get our director up here? Chris? Where are you?" Mykie put her hand over her eyes searching for him. We all applauded as Chris waved and made his way over to her.
"Speech! Speech!!" Everyone chanted. Chris helped Mykie down from the chair and hugged her. He held up his hands to calm the crowd.
"Thank you all for making it out tonight. It really means a lot to me that we worked so hard on this movie and now have all earned a special place in each other's lives and hearts. To the families and friends that are here, thank you for the support you gave the cast and crew while we were filming." Dad pulled me into a side hug while everyone applauded. "That's enough of my babbling! Let's have some fun, alright! Cheers!" We all held our drinks in the air as the DJ turned on the music.

My dad decided to leave after staying for an hour. Tommy wouldn't leave until I confessed the secret Chris and I had been keeping from everyone. He then left with Charlotte and the kids a few minutes after. Chris' parents were next to leave. We all said our goodbyes to the rest of the cast and crew with kids that had to leave. I checked the time on my phone, standing with Chris at the bar.
"Barely made it to nine o'clock." I muttered, putting my phone back. I felt Chris' eyes on me.
"At least he was here." He whispered to me. I shrugged my shoulder.
"Can I get a shot of Patron for everyone at the bar, please?" The bartender nodded his head to my request.
"Baby." I avoided Chris' eyes but I held onto his arm.
"I care more about him meeting you and meeting your parents. Do you think they liked me?" My words started to get a little slurred. I was finally allowing myself to feel the three rum and Cokes. Chris placed a hand on my back and brought his lips to my ear.

"My mom told me I have to bring you to Boston before the press tour starts. What do you think?" His Boston accent was a little more prominent when he talked about his home. I almost dropped my jaw onto the bar. He chuckled at my reaction and handed me a shot. I held up my shot along with everyone at the bar. We clinked the shot glasses then allowed the warm liquid to burn our stomachs. "I'll be right back." Chris said to me. I nodded and took another shot with everyone. The loud music on the speakers suddenly shut off. I turned around to search for Mykie or Sherry but my eyes stopped at Chris standing alone in the middle of the small makeshift dance floor. Just as I took my first step to him, the song "More than Words" started playing. I continued my way to Chris and put my hand into his as he held it out. He kissed my hand and spun me around to hold me close to him. We slow danced for a few seconds when I could hear Chris singing along to the words. I smiled up at him, dancing and holding his hand.

"More than words is all you have to do to make it real.." He sang to me, looking deep into my eyes. Our fingers entangled. "...then you wouldn't have to say that you love me.." I immediately froze in place. "...cause I'd already know."
"Oh, my god." I whispered. Chris cupped my face with his hands to bring me into a slow kiss. I caressed his back with my hands.
"I'm in love with you, Sarah." He said softly with our lips still touching. I kissed him deeply.
"I'm in love with you too, Chris." I whispered into his lips. He smiled wide, kissing me again. "Oh, shit. I forgot." I blushed as I looked around at the smiling faces of the remaining cast and crew. Chris laughed and spun me around again. We slow danced, kissed and sung the words to each other for the rest of the song.