Chapter 8-

WEDNESDAY-MARCH 3-Ryan's Birthday-

Lilly wakes up and immediately gives Ryan a great big hug. Ryan then wakes up and gives Lilly a hug back.

"Happy birthday!" Lilly says.

"Thanks, Lil." Ryan responds. Jack then wakes up and rolls over and gives them a hug.

"Happy birthday Ry!" Jack says.

"Thanks Jack."

All three of the bros drop Lilly off at school, and then Ryan and Jack go to pick her up, as Adam was in a class, and Mom was on her way home, but was running late. Lilly comes running out of class, gives them both hugs, and they walk home.

They get to the doctor, and sit in the waiting room for a while, and then get called back. They have to put on some weird dress thing. (A hospital gown) Everything goes well. Mom got a phone call from work that she had to go out and answer, and the doctor said it was time for Lilly to get her shots updated, and for both of them to get the flu shot. The doctor leaves to go get the shots and tells them they can get their normal clothes on again. Lilly is silent, and Ryan sees that she's kind of shaking a bit.

"You ok Lil? Ryan asks. Lilly shakes her head and Ryan can see she's shaking and about to cry.

"Come here, it's ok. Want me to hold you when you get your shots?" Lilly nods giving him a hug. They sit back on the table thing, and Ryan pulls Lilly into his chest, like when she woke up from her nightmare. Two nurses come in, and one asks if someone is nervous, hinting at Lilly. Ryan says "yeah." And then the other nurse asks for them to roll their sleeves up.

"Do you wanna do the same arm, or the same side?" The nurse asks.

"Same arm will work." Ryan answered. "We're both right-handed." One nurse goes to Ryan's left side, the other to Lilly's left side. Since Lilly was wearing a hoodie, she needed to pull away from Ryan to get the sleeve off. Ryan was wearing a t-shirt, so he just needed to roll it up. When Lilly was taking off her hoodie sleeve, Ryan saw that she had a few tears on her face, but it didn't seem like she was full on crying just yet. She lays back down on Ryan, and the nurses get ready for the shots. (They do the alcohol thing)

"Ready?" The one nurse asks them. Lilly hides her face in Ryan's chest and starts crying and hiding her arm as much as she could.

"Lilly! It's ok." Ryan said, rubbing her back, the nurses kindly waiting. Ryan calms her down quickly, (he's good at that).

"Lilly, it's ok, just relax and you'll be fine, alright? You'll be ok, I promise. Just relax." Ryan moves his arm so that it's blocking Lilly from moving hers in, slyly so she wouldn't notice. (He hugged her under her arm, so it was forced to be out.) Lilly nods and turns her head back to her left, watching the nurse. The nurses get ready to do it again. They do the alcohol thing again, and one says,

"Ready, one, two, three." Lilly hides her face in Ryan's chest again, and they get the shots. (Lilly gets 2, Ryan only 1). Lilly tensed up on her right, but somehow was relaxed on her left where she got the shot.

"Good job Lilly! You did it!" Ryan says, as the nurses are cleaning things up. Lilly pulls away from Ryan so she can put her hoodie back on, Ryan rolling down his shirt.

"We got matching band-aids!" Ryan says, trying to cheer Lilly up. Lilly smiles.

They walk out and find Mom in the hallway, and they go home. As soon as they got home, she showed Jack and Adam that her and Ryan had matching band-aids. They celebrated Ryan's birthday and fall asleep. They had another sleepover in Jack and Lilly's room, with Ryan and Adam this time.