One Stormy Night (Fluff)

("Seriously Lena? Rain again-" Shhhhfsksk! I'm in control bitches. Look, I love rain okay-)

Virgil was in his room. As he usually was whenever it stormed outside. He was istening to Panic At The Disco, of course. It was dull out but the rain made up for it. The anxious side always liked to lay in his bed and listen to music while it rained. And sometimes just listen to the rain. It was always so peaceful. It was hard to explain for the most part, as to why it was peaceful, but it just was. After a couple more minutes past, he could feel himself fading away. His eyes slowly closed shut,

he fell asleep.

While he expected to have a good dream like he usually did when it rained, he found his thoughts in a rather darker state.. His deepest thoughts that rarely came up anymore took over his mind.

Metal bars locked him away. Away in darkness. Away from a bright light that shined from the other side of the dark room. Was it even a room? There was nothing but darkness. A cage- A cell- Or whatever it was sealed him away from the light. No no no... The anxious side stood up and ran to the bars, shaking them violently. No use... Of course. Virgil stopped trying to break free once something caught his eye. Silhouettes moved in the light. They looked like they were laughing with each other. All four of them. Well now it became obvious. It was the "light sides" or.. that's what they were called back then anyway. They were with Thomas, just laughing. Patton! Thomas! Virgil's shout echoed loudly. They didn't hear him. Logan!....Roman!? Sadness hit him like a strong wave. It all felt too real. Guys!! The grey silhouette of Patton took Thomas's hand and ran off with him further into the light. Roman and Logan followed him with smiles on their faces. No.. Wait Come Back! Don't Leave Me! I Need You..!! Tears welled up in his eyes. Virgil sunk down against the bars and onto his knees. He began to cry. His head gently rested on the bars as purple tears trailed down his pale face. Now he was left alone. Just sobbing. Virgil.. The anxious side's eyes opened wide, he recognized that voice... Deceit! Virgil swung around. Exactly who he thought it was. His favourite side standing in the darkness. Dee, you're here too?? Of course, we've been waiting for you. The others are here too? Virgil looked behind Deceit to see Remus and the other two on the ground, resting against a concrete wall. We-we have to get out, Dee... we can't stay here, we'll rot away. Deceit took a step closer, We can't leave, we've all tried. We've been locked in a room with no key. Left to be forgotten. Virgil started to panic, No, no! We can't fade here! We need to be free and live- Warmth wrapped around him. Deceit had dropped down onto his knees and hugged Virgil. We can't leave... this is where we die, Virgil. But at least we can all spend our final moments together. Just as it's always been.

Virgil shot up out of his dream and breathed heavily. His headphones had fallen out, there was now only the sound of the rain. Thankfully, it helped the anxious side calm down and breath. He looked back at his pillow, wet marks were there from his tears. It just felt too real. Rubbing his face, Virgil still felt tired and yet he was afraid to fall back to sleep. Afraid that he'd be back in that dark and damp cell. He sighed, "I just need to sleep a bit longer..."

Virgil knocked on Deceit's door, "Yesss?" With his response, Virgil opened up the door and Deceit's eyes blinked up at him, "Virgil?" The cunning side shut his book and gave his attention to Virgil, "Hey Dee.... whatcha reading?" Deceit knew something was up, "Don't you usually relax in your room during rainstorms?" He fell silent before stuttering, "Y-ya but I just- I...." "Or did plan on staying here for five minutes?" "I....." Deceit saw the sadness in his lover's eyes and sighed, "Don't worry Virge.. I was just kidding. You don't need to explain yourself," Deceit stood up, "You can sleep in here if you like.. you don't even have to ask." Virgil looked up at him, "Come.." Deceit gently grabbed the anxious side's right hand and pulled him to his bed. They sat down calmly and just as they did so, Virgil leaned onto his lover. Concern swept through Deceit who wanted to do nothing but comfort his Virgil, so he hugged him. Virgil in return buried his head deep into Dee's chest.

"You're safe with me Virge..." Deceit laid Virgil down before laying behind him and covering him with blankets. "Thank you Dee.." Virgil said quietly, "You're welcome Virgil.. now just rest." Virgil once again dozed off into sleep but this time he didn't have nightmare. Or even a dream.. there was nothing. But he did feel incredibly safe and comfortable as Deceit made sure his lover slept. But thanks to the sound of the rain and Virgil's calmness, Deceit too fell asleep, adorably spooning Virgil.

It was the most comfortable sleep they have had.

(AHHHHHHHH- I'm sorry I keep doing this to y'all ;-; I rarely get motivation to write anything anymore .-. But here take this fluff and maybe.. just m a y b e another part will be out quicker than two months. Now if you'll excuse me it is 5:29 am and I actually need my sleep for once-)