FIVE

I pulled up behind Carlisle's car on the side of the road by his home. The architecture alone was stunning, the colours were a pleasant addition to the beauty. Carlisle walked up to my door before I turned off my car, "Stay here for a moment, I'll be back." I nodded in response and waited patiently for him to return while I listened to my music.

Carlisle walked into the house and called his family to the living room, they came together within a matter of seconds. "I've brought a human girl over for protection, her name is Jessamine. She is not aware of what we are, that needs to remain that way. When you do see her, don't stare."

His family nodded in understanding and disbursed themselves around the living room and kitchen to seem less suspicious. Carlisle returned to Jessamine with a human pace.

I saw Carlisle approach my car with a smile, so I turned the engine off and popped the trunk. I grabbed my keys, wallet, and jacket and then shut my door. I walked around to the back of my car and grabbed my bag, shut my trunk, and followed Carlisle inside. His taste in interior design was beyond amazing. We reached the top of the stairs and I came face to face with his family.

"Jessamine, these are my adoptive children; Edward, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper, and Alice. And these are my best friends Esme and Derek," he pointed out to me and I waved shyly; to call these people beautiful would be an insult, they were god-like. They all shared similar characteristics; their facial structures were similar, they had the same golden eyes.

Each of them smiled back at me and I moved to take off my jacket due to feeling warm. Carlisle gently took my bag, "Here, let me help you with that."

"Thanks," I smiled and he helped me remove the article of clothing.

One of Carlisle's sons, Emmett, dropped his god-like presence for a split second as he glanced over to watch the interaction between me and Carlisle and he saw the bruises that coated my arms. His eyes grew wide and he quickly averted his gaze to his cell phone that he was messing with before.

"It's okay," I stated, "You can look." His eyes returned to me and glanced over my arms and neck before his face softened. "If I can offer any advice it would be this: don't marry someone with a drinking problem," I pushed a stray lock of hair behind my ear.

"Let me show you upstairs," Carlisle gently guided me towards the stairs after a brief pause in the conversation. He led me to a guest room down the hallway to the right, "I can leave you to yourself if you'd like."

"I don't think I can be alone right now," I admitted and placed my bag down on the bed.

"That's fine," he smiled.

"What kind of music are you into?" I asked.

"A wide variety," he replied with a raised brow.

"Follow me," I grinned and made my way to my car. I popped the trunk and pulled out my guitar. I shut the trunk and sat on it, he followed my example. "Name a song," I requested.

"You start," he chuckled.

I thought for a moment and found the one I wanted to play. I started strumming and tapping on the guitar for beats. My voice filled the space and I got lost in the song, "Don't fuck with my love. I told him, he knows. Take aim and reload, I don't wanna know that, babe."

"Your turn, pick a song," I grinned.

"I'm still thinking," he smiled.

"You better have a song next," I laughed and started strumming for the second time. "You're the judge, oh no, set me free. You're the judge, oh no, set me free. Hell's hot for good reason, so please, take me."

"Do you have your song picked out?" I asked.

"Do you know Can't Help Falling in Love?" He questioned.

"It would be a disgrace not to," I giggled and started strumming for the third time. "Wise men say 'Only fools rush in,' but I can't help falling in love with you."

Midway through the song, a large animal rushed by us, I recognised it quickly as Aaron and I jumped up, "Fuck, run," I grasped at Carlisle's wrist but he wouldn't budge. "Carlisle, run," I begged, he stood his ground and searched for the creature. "Carlisle, it's Aaron," I tugged on his wrist again.

I heard a growl from behind me and turned to face Aaron, Carlisle pushed me behind him and stood his ground. His entire family emerged from the house at a blinding speed, I finally understood why they were all so god-like; they were vampires. Aaron pounced at Carlisle and I was carried at a quick pace from behind Carlisle to the front porch by Esme. Emmett, Jasper, and Derek all crouched into predatory stances around Aaron.

I ran to my car and lifted the back seats in one swoop. I grabbed a crossbow that had laced arrows and I took my stance. I concentrated on not piercing any of the men fighting against Aaron and once I saw my chance, I took it. The arrow pierced Aaron's shoulder and he began to stumble around, still in his wolf form.

I placed the crossbow back under the seat and pulled out more wolf's bane. I injected the serum into Aaron's neck and then stood up and brushed my hands off, "I haven't done that since I was sixteen." I then looked over at Carlisle and sighed, "It looks like we both have secrets."