EPILOGUE

I had come so far in the past five years. From black and blue, beaten and bruised to healthy and functioning. I had my own vet clinic and it was wildly successful. Carlisle and I, while having one downfall, had ended up in the best marriage anyone could ask for. We worked well together, we challenged each other without going overboard. We helped each other out every day, we supported each other, it was amazing.

Bella's pregnancy was a trip, that was an understatement. I stood by Carlisle's side through all of his research, all of his tests, and all of his hunger. The night that most of the family left to feed was the night that Bella went into labour. I tried to help as much as I could, but it was out of my hands. I helped more with Renesmee than I did with Bella. Edward was the only one that could help his wife.

Rosalie and I cleaned the child up, she held her for a while, but then let me relax with her. I held Renesmee in my arms and relaxed on the couch. She kept me calm and collected, kept me from thinking about what was happening downstairs. She fell asleep with her head against my chest, most likely because the sound of my heartbeat was relaxing. Once she fell asleep, I grew drowsy and let my head rest against the couch.

Hours later, I felt someone pull her from my arms, I woke up suddenly and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and looked around to see who took her, Carlisle was holding her and checking her out.

"Sorry, I don't know how I fell asleep," I stretched my arms above my head and sat up slowly.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled, "she seemed fine."

A few weeks went by and Renesmee grew rapidly. She was a bloody 5 year old after only a year had gone by. By the time she was able to walk and talk, she had been spotted by one of Carlisle's family members in the Denali coven. There was a misconception between her and Renesmee and she ran off to tell the Volturi.

I was safe with Jane and Alec, not so much with Aro, Caius, and Marcus, however. We had considered my staying with the wolves, but that was not the favourite option. There was no better option, however, so I went with it.

I hopped into my car on the day of the confrontation after kissing Carlisle goodbye. "Stay safe, I'll come get you when they're gone," he told me.

I pulled out of the driveway and made my way toward the reservation. There was a different type of feeling after I crossed the line, I supposed it was more natural, but at the same time it was too far from Carlisle and the rest of the family.

I wasn't sure what would happen during the confrontation and my mind was plagued with the thoughts of the family's saftey. I should have concentrated more on the road and my travels. A deer dashed out into the middle of the road and by the time I noticed, I had to swerve out of the way. That was all I remembered before I had blacked out.

200 years later I look back at that and think, "Wow, what a dumb way to die."