FIFTEEN

I grabbed my coffee from the bar counter and sipped at it as I watched the game play out on the television screen. I was much more into soccer than I was baseball, but Aaron never allowed me to watch it. I placed my cup back down on the bar and tied my hair up while my eyes were still glued to the screen. I picked the cup back off and finished it. The bottom tasted funny, that could have been my imagination, though; the bottoms of all drinks tasted off to me.

I left the cup on the counter and continued watching the game. A few minutes later, someone tapped on my shoulder. I looked over to see a woman my age with a distraught look on her face. "May I help you?" I asked.

"I saw someone slip something into your drink. Is there anyone you can call to pick you up?" She questioned.

"Oh my, thank you so much for telling me. There is someone I can call," I pulled out my phone and searched for Carlisle's number.

"Us girls have to stick together, I can wait with you until your person gets here," she offered.

"That's so sweet of you, thank you," I smiled and pulled the phone up to my ear.

"Jessamine?" Carlisle asked from the other line, "Is everything all right?"

"Not exactly. Someone slipped something into my coffee and I can't drive home. Someone's offered to sit with me while I wait, but I need a ride home," I started to slur and then I mumbled, "Shit," under my breath.

"Where are you?" He questioned.

"The Blood Moon in Port Angeles," I answered.

"I'll be there shortly, don't move," he instructed and hung up the phone.

"Thank you, again," I grasped at the woman's arm.

"Of course," she smiled. "So, while we wait, what's your name?"

"Jessamine, and yours?"

"Claire."

"That's pretty."

"Thanks, I like yours too. Where are you from?"

"I was born in Spain, but I currently reside in Forks."

"That's really cool. I live in Seattle, I was supposed to meet someone here for a date but I got stood up."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Well, they don't know what they're missing."

"That's sweet, thank you."

"You're sweet, staying with me. That's so nice, there aren't many nice people left in the world."

"That's why I try to spread positive energy all around," she giggled slightly.

I rested my head on my arms and closed my eyes as I waited for Carlisle to come. I knew he wouldn't take the full hour, he might not even take half of one. I had been right, all of a sudden I felt cool hands touch my upper arms and Claire questioned, "Are you here for her?"

"Yes," Carlisle rubbed my arms.

"What's her name?" She added extra precautions.

"Jessamine," he answered.

"He's safe, Claire, thank you," I mumbled into my arms.

"Here," she pulled my phone from my hands and put her number in my contacts, "Hit me up when you're feeling better, let me know you're safe."

"I will, thank you," I smiled and attempted to walk, Carlisle had to carry me out of the bar and to the car.

"How are you feeling?" He questioned.