1

Sophia's POV
2 years ago
The rain pattered on the window as I took a deep breath and sighed. Tonight was the night I was going to tell my family. I took slow steps down the stairs as I took more deep breaths. I walked into the living room, the smell of alcohol taking over my nostrils. My dad and brothers looked up at me as a played with my fingers.

"I'm going to be a photographer." I whisper as I look up to see their reactions. They all break into laughter as I feel my self esteem drop.

"You are gonna be a photographer?" My dad yells as he lets out a loud howl.

"I've been taking photos and I want to move to LA and study photography." I whisper as I hear them laugh louder.

"Nice joke. Now leave us alone." My brother says as they all ignore me like they usually do.

I turn towards the stairs and force my body up. I slowly made my way to my room and grabbed my camera and threw it against the wall. I ran my hands through my hair as tears fell down my face. I grabbed my computer and searched up schools in LA for photography. I wiped my tears away as I looked through a bunch of schools.

"They'll finally notice me when my photos are worth a million." I whisper as I wipe more tears from my eyes. I sent my resume to a bunch of schools and closed my computer.

"Sophia!" I hear my dad yell. I rush to my door and try and close it but he slams it open.

"How much have you had to drink?" I ask as I step slowly away from him.

"Shut up." He says sharply as he grabs my shoulders. He slaps me hard across the face and starts hitting me.

"Maybe if you weren't such a failure your mother wouldn't have left." He says as he hits me harder.

I don't scream as the pain fills my body. I just stare at the half crazy man I use to call dad as he hits me over and over again. He wonders why I have dreams to leave. He wonders why I don't feel loved. Once he's done he just leaves me, broken on the floor. I'll get out of here soon enough I'll leave this place and find where I belong.
________________________________
Corbyn will be in the next part 😅