Sneaky Sneaky Child

TW: Mentions of abuse, blood. if I missed anything tell me please.

Virgil's POV

Welp...this is awkward now. Okay long story short, I snuck into the hackers apartment and saw him sitting on a dark blue chair, typing on the computer that he had his face glued to. The hacker 'Logan' was getting frustrated when the computer kept making a ding sound. He sighs and goes to turn off the computer but freezes half way. I then see his refection in the screen. He was looking directly at me with a look of shock and quickly spins around on his chair, almost falling off in the process. Which brings us to now, staring at each other with awkward tension in the air. Quickly glancing at the door to make sure it was closed, I motioned to my head, looking back at Logan who has a confused look that quickly turned to realisation. I don't want to kill him, he's a hero, an idol to a lot of people in this world so maybe I can ask him to fake it or something. I lower the mental barrier in my mind and I feel his presence enter my mind.

(Virgil is Italics and Logan is bold)
'Hello Anxiety, I assume that you are here to kill or kidnap me?'
I flinch at the word kill and look down. 'Look as surprising as it is, I don't want to kill you at all'
'Then what are you going to do?'
'I need your help to fake it. My 'Bosses' are most likely looking into your cameras or following the tracker they put in me, noticing that I am late'
'We could help you. We can help hide you from your 'Bosses', so you don't go through pain anymore'
I shake my head but wince from the bruises on my face.
'Fine. Tell me what to do. Would you like me to alert P-Morality and Princey?'
'Yes but tell them to leave the house and shout to you that they are leaving to go to the shops or something to make it less suspicious'
Logan nodded and left my mind, then had a dazed look on his face for five mins. He came back and once again, I felt his presence enter my mind.
'Done now what would like me to do?'
'This isn't going to be pretty but I need to cut a fairly deep gash into your chest. Don't worry, it will heal without a scar. I need that amount of blood to make it look like you're..,y'know dead. 
'Okay-'

Logan was interrupted by a shout from Princey saying that they were going to the shops. I took a deep breath and grabbed my knife from my coat pocket then ran to Logan, holding the knife at his throat. "Yell back saying okay. If not there will be consequences" I fake threatened, pushing the knife a tiny bit further to make it seem real enough. 'Fake it' I mindlinked. Logan nodded and shouted back. "Alright, see you later!". We hear the door close and then there was silence. I closed my eyes as tears were starting to fill them. 'Sorry Lo' I slashed at his chest, leaving a deep but not too deep of a gash. He shouted out in pain and fell of his chair to the ground with a thump, fuelling the guilt that was already lingering. I crouched down near his face and whispered to him "Close your eyes, slow your breathing make it seem real. I am so sorry" A tear made its way down my cheek and onto the floor as I stood up. I reached up to my ear piece and spoke to it. "The mission is completed. Would you like me to come back to the base?" Deceits voiced spoke through. "No don't come back. We totally don't have a surprise for you"

I nodded and left the apartment, once again putting up a barrier around my mind so Logan doesn't reach me. Well at least I found out what one of the names of the Hero's were. Logan...I like it. I wonder what the others names are? I head into an alleyway and grab my bag that was hiding behind a dumpster. I grabbed my purple and black patchwork hoodie, my purple shirt, black ripped jeans and black converse and change into them quickly. It made it easier for me to blend into the crowd when I wear normal clothes outside. I made my way over to a nearby Starbucks that my friend Remy works at and knows my coffee order off by heart. He has no clue that I am a villain or that I have powers, all he knows is that I work at home on the computer and I plan to keep it that way. I enter the shop and there was a sudden yell that made me jump out of my skin. "VIRGIEEE BABES!!!"

Remy literally vaulted over the counter from where he was making coffee and hugged me so tight I thought I was suffocating. "Rem c-can't b-breathe!" I gasped out. He lets go and giggles. "Sorry babe but I haven't seen your emo self in like, forever!" Remy exclaims. I chuckle nervously and rub my neck. "Yeah sorry about that. Work has me stressed out and I can't stay to talk Rem, I'm sorry. My family came up from L.A. to visit and they are a handful." I lied with ease. Remy pouted and sipped from the Starbucks he had in his hand. Where did he get that!?. "Naw boo! We need to have a gurl day! And the usual order?" I nodded and thanked him. Remy vaulted over the counter again and got to work on my order. (I have no clue what drinks there are in Starbucks cuz Australia barely has any sadly). Once Remy was finished with my order, I paid and thanked him, saying that next week Monday at midday we would have a 'Gurl' day.

I got back to base but not before I chucked out my empty drink in the bin. I quickly put my bag in my room and rushed to the mission room. Opening the door, something in my head was telling me to duck so I did. Just in time too, a freaking knife flew over my head and lodged itself into the hallway behind me. Holy crap... I thought to myself. I looked inside to see Remus pouting and Deceit smirking at me. "Aw I missed~! Poo!" Remus whined. I had to restrain myself from rolling my eyes. "Virgil would you not come sit with us?" Deceit said. I froze. Deceit said my name...my actual name! He hasn't said my name in years. What did I do?! I swallowed harshly and sat at the opposite side of Deceit and Remus. "Virgil you didn't do so well that Remus and I didn't think that it isn't time for you to have a...vacation of sorts" He said. To say I was shocked was an understatement. "W-what f-for?" I asked with caution. "You get to buy an apartment with the rest of the hero's and live with them!" Remus exclaimed.

I flinched and looked at Deceit who sighed. "No that isn't what is happening. We aren't only putting you there for about a year so you can't find their weaknesses and not take them down. We aren't putting up all of your details and information that you never used to have about you back up to make it seem more suspicious". My eyes widened and I looked at them back and forth. "Are-are you serious?" I questioned. They both nodded and handed my a folder of the details and all that other crap. I almost cried when I saw my parents names. I remember them so clearly even though I've wished many times to forget them. "You start in three days for this to happen. So go start packing your things!" Remus said. I nodded and was about to leave until I felt a cold hand grasp my upper arm. I looked back to see Remus smiling and giggling like a maniac. "Aw did you think you were going to leave without a parting gift~? Too bad Virgil~" He said pulling out another dagger from his pocket and putting it dangerously close to my eye but putting it above just a tiny bit.

There we go! Writers block sucks a lot I have found out. This one was a little more action packed and I thought to myself "Y'know what? Lets add Remy because he's a fun character" and he is! He's literally like one of my friends at school, its funny. Anyways guys that's all for me I hope you enjoyed this chapter. As always, stay tuned for the next chapter everyone! See ya.👋