So what now?

TW: Mentions of panic attack, Mentions of abuse, infected cut.

Patton's POV

We all stared in shock and concern as we saw Virgil's eyes roll into the back of his head and collapse on the floor. I flinched as I heard the thud and looked at the others for an answer. We all stood in silence for a bit until Roman decided to break it. "Okay what the hell just happened?! I only wanted to show Logan the cut he had on his eye!" He exclaimed. Logan sighed and pushed his glasses up. "Roman, Virgil has severe anxiety and judging the way you rushed him to me, you made him feel unsafe and that in turn made him panic thinking you were going to do something to him" Logan explained gazing back at Virgil. Tears were building up in my eyes as I looked at my dark strange son, and yes I adopted him the moment he came through the door. "My poor kiddo! What happened to him that made him shout 'I'm sorry' and 'I wont be bad anymore'? I want to help him" I sobbed out as tears were going down my face. Roman came over and hugged me but he had a look of guilt on his face. He blames himself for not knowing.

"Anxiety contacted me by letting me into Virgil's mind, telling me to stay calm with Virgil because he has severe anxiety, as I just said, from past trauma..." Logan said with a rare sad tone. I gasped and buried myself into Roman's chest further while Logan came over and hugged the both of us. I could feel everyone shaking. Was my kiddo...abused before he came here? I thought, sobbing harder. After a while of hugging, everyone let go and Roman brushed away the tears that were still lingering on my face. "Don't worry pat, we'll help Virgil the best we can yeah?" Roman said. I sniffled and nodded. I looked back at Logan. "Bring him to your room so you can fix that cut of his please" I said and Logan nodded, picking up Virgil and taking him to his room. I faced Roman who was looking at the floor. "Roman, its not your fault, you didn't know." I reassured. Roman shook his head and looked at me, tears shining in his eyes. "But I should've pat. The way he was breathing and acting I should've known" He said. I grabbed his shoulders and made him look at me. "Roman you couldn't have. You haven't experienced people with anxiety and Virgil hasn't told us yet. It is NOT your fault" I said.

Roman nodded and sniffled. "Thanks Patton, I needed that. I'll go make the emo nightmare some food considering he hasn't eaten yet since he came here. Know what, I'll make everyone dinner since its getting late." He said taking out his phone and checking the time. I nodded to him and watched him leave. I took a breath and went into Logan's room to see what was happening. I walked in to see Logan on a chair beside the bed Virgil was laying on, cleaning the cut but stopping every now and then when Virgil moves either the pain or from a nightmare. "How bad is the cut?" I asked bringing a chair to the other side of the bed and grabbing my kiddos hand, it felt so cold compared to my warm ones. Logan sighed and looked at me. "The cut is badly infected but not enough that he has to go to the hospital. He will have to clean it everyday and change it every three days" Logan stated, putting a fresh cotton bud and bandage over Virgil's right eye. Virge flinched at the contact then calmed down. "Lo, I'm worried for Virge. What if he got hurt in other places and they're infected? Or if he has scars from it?" I stressed. Logan came over and held my shoulders. "If you're that worried Patton, would if helped if I checked?" He asked.

See any other time I would've respected his or anyone else's privacy, but right now I am too worried about my kiddo. I nodded solemnly and watched Logan start to pull off his hoodie but quickly stopping short because Virgil started to thrash around in his sleep, mumbling to himself. "No....no please....stop it hurts" He whimpered. My heart broke when I heard it. My poor dark strange son I thought to myself sadly as I sat there squeezing his hand for comfort, whether it be for me or him I don't know. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Logan back up with different emotions flashing across his face. "Lo go get Roman. We need him here." I said. Logan leaves the room and I face back towards Virgil who was now crying. "Shhh...Virgil it's just a nightmare. Its not real. You're okay." I try to say to him but I don't think he can hear me. The door then opened and I see Roman and Logan standing there, Roman had a saddened expression on his face and Logan looked like he was struggling with his emotions. They both come towards the bed and stand there, watching Virgil have his nightmare because there isn't much we could do.

We all jumped when Virgil let out a heart wrenching scream. I jumped to Virgil's side and pulled him into a side hug, and stated to brush my fingers through his hair. "Virge wake up, it's a nightmare. Its not real." I said, tears flowing down my face for the millionth time today. Virgil stopped screaming and relaxed at my touch and his eyes fluttered open. He groggily looked up at me then around the room and saw the others. "What...what happened?" He asked sleepily.

Virgil's POV

I woke up to see Patton looking at me and crying. I looked around the room to find Roman crying and Logan trying and failing to hold back his tears, they were all looking at me. I got myself out of Patton's bone crushing hug and stretched, rubbing my eyes like a child would. I could faintly hear pat let out a 'awe'. The last thing I remember before blacking out was... Shit they saw me have an attack. My eyes widened as the realisation hit me and I quickly moved backwards away from them but ended up hitting the bed frame. I notice the fresh cotton and bandage and started to panic. They saw, they saw, they saw! Was the only thing running through my mind. I see Roman sit in front of me. "Virgil...can I touch you?" He asked, his voice soft. I shook my head 'no' and Roman frowned but respected my wishes. I've already been touched to much today. (Not like that you sinners) "Virgil if you are worried about your eye, we will not ask questions until you are ready to talk about it. Don't worry we haven't checked anywhere unless you want us to" Logan reassured. "Than-thank y-you" I said quietly. Logan nodded. "Well emo nightmare would you like to join us for dinner if you feel like it." Roman asked. I go to say 'yes' but I was rudely interrupted by my phone ringing. I jumped and grabbed my phone out of my pocket and paled as I saw the caller ID.

Deceit

I am doing amazing holy crap! I am so proud of myself rn. Anyways stay tuned for the next chapter! See ya guys.