Virgil's Backstory

TW: Abuse, toxic family, panic attack, death

3rd POV (a week later)
Everyone was watching the lion king, Patton and Roman occasionally singing with the animals. Suddenly Virgil spoke up. "S-should I-I te-tell Remy wh-what h-happened?" He asked nervously, fiddling with his hoodie strings. They all looked at him confused. "Why should he need to know about the events that have passed?" Logan questioned. Virgil bit his lip and shrugged, avoiding eye contact. "I-I fe-feel g-guilty l-lying t-to hi-him a-after he-he's b-been my fr-friend f-for so lo-long" Virgil stuttered. "Deep breaths love, your stutter is everywhere" Roman said softly, grabbing his hand and drawing circles on it. Virgil nodded and took a few deep breaths, leaning into Roman's touch. "If that's what you want to do Virge then go for it. Do you want us to be there when it happens?" Patton asked gently. Virgil nodded and it was set. He texted Remy asking him to come over so he could tell him something and Remy agreed. A few hours later, Virgil and the others were waiting on the couch for Remy to turn up. "Wh-what I-if he h-hates me af-afterwards? W-what if h-he le-leaves me?" Virgil said anxiously, feeling a pit of dread in his stomach.

Logan, who was rubbing his back comfortingly, frowned at him. "If he leaves over something that you could not control of, then he is not a true friend" He stated. "Besides you have us cookie" Patton piped up. Virgil bit his lip. "You're right" Even though he said it, it did not ease the anxiety he was feeling, his leg still bouncing. Suddenly there was loud knock at the door making everyone jump at the sudden loudness that interrupted the silent household. Patton got up and went to open the door finding Remy standing there in all his glory with his shades on, sipping on a starbucks drink. "Hey babes" He greeted. Patton gave him a big smile. "Hey Remy, come on in" Patton said, opening the door wider letting Remy walk in. "Wassup bitches" Remy said, his arms out as he strutted into the living room. Everyone said hello back to him and Remy sat down on the other couch with Patton and Roman. "Alrighty babes, spill" Remy said, sipping on his starbucks. Virgil took a deep shuddering breath, griping Logan's hand tightly. "I-I uh wa-wanna t-tell you a-all ab-about m-my pa-past" Virgil stuttered. Remy leaned forward, placing his shades on top of his heads showing his coffee brown eyes, worry and curiosity etched on his expression. "You don't have too V" Remy said, his volume quieter than usual.

Virgil glanced at him before looking back at the ground, shaking his head. "I-I w-want to" He said. So he started his story.

(9 years ago)

An eleven year-old Virgil was running down streets, tears blurring his vision. Not too long ago his parents came home, drunk out of their minds and for Virgil its torture, quite literally. He ran and ran, he had no idea where he was going but all he knew was that he had to get away from them. Suddenly he ran into a brick wall and fell down onto his butt, groaning in pain for his nose had taken a beating to the wall. Virgil sat up and rubbed his nose before looking up to find that it wasn't a brick wall he ran into but it was, in fact, a man. The man turned around, not even disturbed that someone ran into him. Virgil looked at him fearfully before apologising over and over again. "Hey now why don't we not calm down" said a man who was wearing yellow gloves, a black cape and fedora. Virgil blushed in embarrassment. "S-sorry" He apologised again making the man with the moustache cackle. "Easy there kid. What're you in a hurry for?" He asked. Virgil was about to answer before he heard shouting-his parents shouting, drunkenly mind you. He paled and his eyes widened, looking back at the men who had heard the yells and were now frowning. "I-I h-have to-to go, s-sorry" He rushed out before crossing the road and running down a few streets then heading into an alleyway.

Virgil quickly hid behind bin, putting a hand over his mouth to muffle his whimpers and rapid breathing as he heard footsteps. The footsteps were right in front of the alleyway, one pair of footsteps sounded like they were off balance and Virgil knew it was his parents. "Come out you f*ggot!" His mother yelled, the yell echoing in the empty streets. "You useless boy! Come here right now and I'll consider your punishment to be shorter!" His drunken father shouted sending shivers down the small child's back. The darkly dressed child slowly walked back, keeping his gaze on the entrance of the alleyway. Suddenly his foot came in contact with a empty can that made a loud clattering sound as it rolled on the ground making Virgil freeze in fear, praying to any god that his parents didn't hear it. Unfortunately any god above didn't listen as his parents came closer to his hiding spot. At that moment Virgil was thankful for his taste in clothing since it blended with the darkness. His parents walked right past him and Virgil took this opportunity to sneak away but not everything can be so easy. His parents turned around after thinking that he wasn't there but spotted him trying to sneak away. "There you are! Get back here!" His mother shouted. Virgil's eyes widened and started running but his dad somehow grabbed onto his hoodie and yanked him back.

Virgil yelped in surprise but struggled against his fathers strong grip, even in his drunken state he was as strong as he would be sober. "Stay still you little shit!" His father growled. Virgil glared at him and struggled harder. "No! Lemme go!" Virgil shouted but a fist was thrown at his face causing him to loose concentration on his struggling. His father then leaned into his ear. "When we get home, you're going to get the special" He whispered, his alcohol breath making him gag. Virgil was then dropped to the ground, landing harshly onto his back. "Back away from the kid" A familiar voice said. Virgil looked over to see the moustache man and the yellow-gloved man standing in front of Virgil, his father rubbing his cheek a bruise starting to form. Virgil's mother stepped forward cautiously. "Look mind your own business. We will deal with our son" she said fear evident in her voice. The moustached man let out an insane laugh and stared at her. "Sorry no can do missy mo~" He giggled summoning his morning star and holding it out towards them threateningly. The two backed away fearfully and let out a scream as snakes came towards them. They ran out of their as Remus came forward, swinging his mace around. Deceit turned around, giving Virgil a smile, holding out a gloved hand for him to grab. "Come on kid, you'll be safe with us" he said. With that Virgil grabbed his hand and stood up.

A year later Virgil was officially their son. Virgil decided to show Deceit and Remus his powers and they were ecstatic. They were nice to Virgil, spoiling him rotten and loving him like any parents would but that only lasted a year. They started to teach Virgil about his powers and how to control them, anytime he would fail it would equal a punishment. About two years later they thought that Virgil was finally ready to go out and do missions. Virgil was still the scared little boy he was before but he had grown, mentally, emotionally and physically. His anxiety he had when he was little was there but it was worse so in his spare time he would discover exercises and ways to cope. Soon enough Virgil was sent out to kill someone that had deceived the Villains. He didn't want to but he thought that it would make them proud of him, so they stop hurting him. Unfortunately that didn't happen so every time he would be sent out to kill he would always do it, in hopes that they would stop and that they would go back to be the loving parents they were....but it never happened.

(Current time)

Virgil looked up with tear-filled eyes to see everyone crying. Suddenly Remy lunges at Virgil with arms wide but Virgil flinched harshly, seeing a vision of his parents and the Villains coming at him menacingly. He falls off the couch and starts spiralling into an attack, his brain flashing memories or visions of them hurting or torturing him. Virgil's eyesight goes blurry, his heart pounding, his breathing coming in short harsh gasps causing his chest to ache. Logan and Roman go to help him while Patton comforts Remy who is full on sobbing. Fifteen mins later Virgil had calmed down but he was still shaking and panicky. He started to apologise to everyone but they just shushed him. "Why don't you rest for a bit stormcloud?" Roman suggested, lifting him up and putting him on his lap, running his fingers through his faded purple hair. Virgil hummed sleepily in agreement and satisfaction, soon falling asleep cuddled up to Roman.

One chapter to go guys! I'll be honest I'm a little sad that this is going to end. BUT I shall be writing more books this I promise you all. As always everyone, stay tuned for the next chapter! See ya guys! ❤️