chapter 2

(Shuichis pov)

After we had arrived at Kaedes room in the palace, surprisingly undetected, she smiled to herself. She was definitely thinking about something, but Im not sure what exactly. Kaede looked me up and down before beginning to speak "Saihara Chan, you said you dont have anywhere to go right?" She asked, seemingly out of nowhere. "U-uh yeah, why do you ask Akamatsu Chan?" I raised an eyebrow, I was quite curious as to what she was planning. "Well, the Prince has been looking for a maid after his last personal maid ended up getting married and leaving the kingdom and he needs a replacement" I nodded to her words. She continued "but..." She seemed hesitant to finish her sentence. "But?" I asked, causing her to continue "But, you have to dress as a girl." Her words caused my cheeks to flush red. "W-what?! W-why!" I almost yelled, but she hushed me. "Well, the Prince only accepts female maids for a few reasons, although their undisclosed from everyone but the royal family." Kaede seemed to be making an excuse but royal families had always been a bunch of excuse making dic- my line of thoughts were cut off by Kaede, "Dont worry though Saihara Chan! I have a dress and a wig you can wear!" Kaede said happily, clapping her hands. "E-eh? A wig?" I raised my eyebrow yet again before realising that I definitely need a wig to look like a proper girl. Kaede grinned "Well I suggest you sleep; I have to perform for the royal family while they eat dinner, so Ill be gone for a while. They will be looking at another line of girls to hire on Tuesday, so you have only a day to train."
Kaede smiled and quickly left away, before I even got the chance to ask what she meant by train. I sighed, laying down on her bed, my eyes growing heavy yet again. I drifted off to sleep, wondering what she meant by train.