𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚍𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚍 | 𝙲𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚜

"Man what? I ain't laid a finger on this girl." Bam stood up.

"Sincere, I look at you like a son. But all these people coming up to telling me this shit ain't no coincidence." My momma said before looking at me. "Mercedes come here."

I looked at her then looked at Bam before standing up. It was a habit I got overtime, looking at him for conformation to do or say stuff. I walked over to her and she looked at me.

"Let me see yo' face." She pulled me closer to her and examined it. I didn't have any marks because he hasn't been hitting me, just yelling sometimes. And the ones I did have went away.

"You ain't gotta defend him either. If he be doing shit to you, tell me right now. I'll lay his ass out." Yvette said looking over at him.

"Momma I swear on everything I ain't hit her." He said.

He knew he was lying, I knew he was lying, but common sense would tell me admitting that wasn't an option.

"He hit you?" My mom looked into my eyes. Keeping it together was hard to do cause she was fucking staring at me. Mom's know everything.

"No." I shook my head quickly.

I hated lying but in situations like this I ain't have a choice. If I did tell the truth I wouldn't be able to see him anymore, and I don't want that.

She looked at me for a few seconds then her eyes went to Bam.

If I was somebody else I would believe he didn't do it. The way he was talking, he was talking like he didn't know what they were talking about. And he wasn't looking guilty. He can lie really well and he know it.

"I think we need to keep y'all away from each other." Yvette said.

"What? Ma you can't do that, what the fuck that's my girlfriend." He looked at her like she was dumb.

"I agree." My momma said.

"Well I don't agree. Y'all can't do that." I shook my head and walked over to him.

"Y'all must've forgot we the fucking parents and y'all the kids. Y'all gon' do whatever we tell y'all to do. And right now Ion want y'all around each other and she don't either." Yvette said.

"Why? Momma!" I looked over at her.

"Somebody lying. Y'all two or them bitches who came up to me, and imma find out who. And if y'all around each other of course y'all ain't gonna tell the truth. Do I look stupid to you?" She asked sounding serious as hell.

"No." I said lowly.

"Exactly. Get yo' shit we leaving." She said and with that she walked downstairs.

"Momma-"

"Sincere shut the hell up." Yvette cut him off and followed behind my momma.

At this point my heart racing. I didn't know what to do.

"Mercedes." Bam pulled me over to him by my arm and looked at me. "Look at me."

I took a deep breath and did just that.

"You can't tell." He whispered. "They gon' take me away from you. You want that?"

Manipulator;
a person who controls or influences others in a clever or unscrupulous way.

That's what Sincere was. And I was a liar, I would take this shit to my grave if I had to. He was a puppet master and my dumbass was his puppet.

"N-no." I shook my head.

"Exactly. You ain't gotta tell them shit. Aight?" He said.

"Okay."

He pulled me into a hug.

"We locked in, ain't nobody taking you from me." He wrapped his hands around my waist.

periyat. y'all hear that? sike nah.

i just wanna say in no way do i support what he does and says in this story. physical and verbal abuse is NOT OKAY. AT ALL. y'all ain't gon agree with a lot of shit in this book. and I hate to say it, but this is only the beginning 😭. we only on chapter 13.