𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

i had to whip out google fa dis chapter so we finna get smart and use big words 😩

𝙼𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚍𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚍 | 𝙲𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚜

"Where you going?" Bam asked with his eyes still closed as I got up from the bed.

"I gotta pee." I said and he nodded turning on his side.

It was early as hell, the sun ain't even rise yet for real. I walked into the bathroom and rubbed my eyes.

"I look ugly as hell." I mumbled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was about to pee until something caught my attention, the medicine cabinet was halfway open. I closed it but something fell out.

It was a pill bottle. Me being nosy I picked it up and looked at it. It had Sincere's name on it and I scrunched up my face. I looked around it some more to find out what it was.

It said lithium and me being slow as fuck I didn't know what that was. I sat the bottle down and quickly but quietly went to get my phone.

After I went back in the bathroom I googled what it was and my eyes widened.

"Lithium is used to treat the manic episodes of bipolar disorder (manic depression). Manic symptoms include hyperactivity, rushed speech, poor judgment, reduced need for sleep, aggression, and anger."

I quickly put the bottle back where it was and peeked out the bathroom and saw Bam slumped as fuck.

I mean without a doubt, of course something was wrong with him. But now I know what it is for sure, he has a fucking bipolar disorder. You could tell that from miles away.

It explained so much, that's why he had so many mood swings and I couldn't understand him.

I kept reading and the symptoms went on and on. Sadness, anger, guilt, delusion, excess desire for sex, impulsivity. This nigga had all that.

"What is you doing?" I looked up and saw Bam behind me through the mirror.

He scared me so bad I dropped my phone on the floor. It better not be cracked.

"Oh, nun." I picked it up, it wasn't cracked, and moved away from him.

He looked at me weirdly before grabbing his toothbrush and toothpaste and started brushing his teeth.

I watched him for a minute before something clicked in my head, wasn't he just sleep?

I thought back to what I read a few minutes ago and people who suffer from a bipolar disorder had a reduced need for sleep. Now that I think about it, he didn't sleep a lot unless I was with him and when I got up he couldn't stay sleep.

"What time is it?" He asked and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I asked what time is it." He looked at me then down at my phone.

"Oh." I turned it on. "6:30."

"Damn is you good? Acting all slow and shit." He chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm straight." I said and walked back into the room.

I was shook tf up. What am I supposed to do?

████████

"Mercedes you okay?" Amiyah sat next to me.

We were all at Renee's house, again.

"Yeah." I nodded and put my phone down.

I been stressing since earlier and got the biggest headache.

"Well, Bam said to tell you to come upstairs." She said and I nodded.

I stood up and went upstairs.

"Bitch I told you to stop callin' my damn phone. I got a whole bitch get the fuck off my line." I walked in and heard him get off the phone.

He looked up at me and threw his phone on the bed.

"What?" I walked over to him. He had the most irritated look on his face and I think me saying what made it worse.

"What the fuck I tell you about saying what? It's yes or no." He grabbed my wrists, he had a tight ass grip on them too and me being light skin meant it was finna leave marks.

"Stop." I snatched my arms away from him.

Once I seen him pull his hand back I moved to the side. He tried to hit me but he missed.

(progress. barely, but progress.)

"I know you ain't just dodge my shit." He looked at me, his eyes was darker than they usually are. That always happened whenever he got mad.

"I did, you not finna keep hitting me." I said lowly.

"Whatchu' say?" He put his hand up to his ear to make sure he heard what I said.

"I said you not finna keep hitting me." I said louder than the first time.

𝙰𝚖𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜

I cringed from the sound I heard upstairs. I just knew he was hitting on that girl. I always felt so bad and wanted to do something about it but I couldn't, cause she didn't want anybody to help her.

"Ah shit." Rondo shook his head and put down the controller.

"I wanna help her." Renee said standing up.

"Aht." DayDay pulled her back down to the couch. "I ain't letting you."

"But-"

"No. You heard what she said. If she want out she gon get out." He reminded her.

Not too long after he stopped talking I heard another slap coming from upstairs causing me to cringe again.

"I can't listen to this shit." I stood up.

"Where you goin'?" Rondo look at me.

"Outside." I grabbed my phone.

"Imma come with you." Renee got up and so did Jela and Serenity then we all walked outside.

imma explain why they don't help her. no matter what Mercedes says the girls still wanna help her regardless, HOWEVER, DayDay nem ain't gon let them. and the boys can't help cause it ain't they business, they ain't gon tell Bam what he can and can't do to his girlfriend.

whew chile the ghetto.