x̳l̳i̳i̳i̳.̳

𝙍ick was having Andy draw up a map of one of the Saviors' outposts. "Describe it," he said, and Andy began.

"Rectangular building, big satellites on it," Andy said, drawing as he did. 

"Any windows?" Rick asked.

"I don't remember any. I think they made it so there's only one way in."

"Guards outside?"

"Yeah, two of them, at least."

"And you don't know how many people they have?" Michonne asked.

"No," Andy replied. "Uh, I mean, no. I saw a place where they stored food. It wasn' that big, so..."

"You've been inside?" Rick asked him.

"Yeah. They had us load in supplies one time."

"Hm," Glenn said. "What do you remember?"

Rick handed over a second piece of paper so he could draw out the rooms. Adalyn bit her lip before she noted, "Draw out everything you remember, as much detail as you can."

He glanced up at her. "Yeah, I got it," he stated as he continued drawing.

Adalyn opened her mouth to retort, but Rick flashed her a warning look. She closed her mouth, staying silent.

 "And you didn't see any other rooms?" Maggie asked.

"No," Andy replied, "it's a big place." He pointed at his drawing. "This is the hallway I saw. There is more."

"And every time, they had you bring things into here?" Michonne asked, pointing at a room labeled PANTRY.

Andy nodded. "Jesus," he muttered. "We brought a couple spears for them. Two of the Saviors took them down this hallway." He drew an arrow down one of the hallways he'd drawn. "Now, they must've done something with them because they didn't come back with them."

"Maybe a weapons locker, an armory," Jesus offered.

"Yeah, some kind of a cache," Adalyn agreed."

Andy nodded along, drawing a room at the end of the hallway. ARMORY, he labeled it. "Okay."

Glenn pointed at the room. "We get in there, secure the armory, that's how we end it," he said.

Rick nodded.

"That's how Carol ended it here," Maggie said.

Andy was shaking his head. "But we don't know if they have an armory or where it even is."

"Well, we've got a lot of good guesses," Daryl said. "We've done more with less."

Rick nodded. "We go in at night while they're sleeping," he said.

"The guards won't be sleeping," Andy noted. "Like I said, I think there's only one way in and there's no way to bust through that door without waking up the rest of them."

"We don't need to," Rick said. "They're going to open it for us, let us walk right in. They want Gregory's head, right? We're gonna give it to them."

They took off with the R.V. and three more cars behind it, a convoy of sorts, on its way to kill every man in that outpost. They stopped somewhere along the road alongside a car wreck. Rick laid on the R.V.'s horn. The drivers of the cars did the same.

Then they piled out. "Aaron, Rosita," Rick said. "You start here. We'll peel off every quarter mile, meet back here in a couple of hours. See what we got."

Adalyn stuck to the R.V., leaning against the side of it. She and Rick weren't exactly on speaking terms. More like they were tolerating each other in the name of the mission. Or, to be more exact, Adalyn was ignoring the hell out of Rick as he was trying his damndest to get her to talk to him. Jesus made his way over to her. "Heard you shouting last night," he said. "Want to talk about it?"

"Piss off," she stated.

He raised his hands in mock surrender. "Sorry, sorry. Just trying to be helpful."

"I don't need your help," she said. "If you heard the shouting, you'd know that I am fine. Perfectly fine."

"People really only say that they're fine when they aren't," Jesus pointed out.

"Yeah, and what do you care? You're not my friend. So stop trying to be."

She stepped away from the R.V., moving toward the center of the road, staring down it. The sun was bearing down on her. She closed her eyes, spreading her arms out, tilting her head back as she felt its heat on her face. She heard footsteps approaching behind her but just stood in place, unmoving.

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night," said Gabriel. She opened her eyes, raising an eyebrow as she glanced back at him. "Sunbathing?" he asked.

"Working on my tan," she answered with a smile. "You ready for this?"

He nodded slightly. "I think so," he said.

"Good." She shoved him lightly, trying to ease both of their nerves. "Can't have anyone wimping out on us."

He flashed a weak smile before he looked at her outstretched arms. "May I join you?"

"Yeah," she said.

He moved to her side, spreading his own arms. They stood there on either side of the yellow line, arms spread wide, eyes closed, faces tilted to the sun. 

A single tear rolled down Adalyn's cheek.

She didn't wipe it away.