Something Stirrs

Allessandra  flew up the alley, as fast as her legs could afford, ahead of her she spotted a man calmly smoking a cigar, leaning against the wall, he was still wearing the mask

"What kind of monster guns down a child's parents before their eyes? Why the Waynes? They do nothing but good for Gotham." Allessandra asked slowly.

The man stood up and calmly tossed his smoke to the ground, letting it fizzle out in a puddle.

"I was hopping you'd  be wise enough to walk away." He sighed, turning to face her. Allessandra stood her ground and met his gaze. "You're  known around the Narrows Riccy," he said.

Allessandra scowled "only my friends call me Riccy, and I only have two friends." She said in a low hiss of a whisper.

The man smirked "right, you've come a long way from being a petty homeless thief and some self-confessed guardian of street kids. No, you're Catháin  now right? Carmine Falcone's new hired help." He said mockingly.

"Now as a Hitman, I know Zsasz's work when I see it. You move like him. Turn back, walk away." He warned.

Allessandra flexed her wrists "Why'd you do it? If you know I'm with Falcone's crew, you know the crime families of the city support the Waynes as they keep order in Gotham. That makes business good for the families. Families that hire men like you." She tried to reason.

With a motion of her wrists she flexed her hidden blades from their bracers "I'm going to kill you, because it would be in the best interest for Mr.Falcone. I'm also going to do it for that little boy you left to weep in his parents blood." Allessandra said tilting her head, a long frown on her face.

"You're stupid Catháin, Victor's got much more work to do. See I know why they call you Riccy. And I know  the key is...to strike the same spot three times." He hummed lifting his gun.

Allessandra felt the first bullet strike her thigh, with a grunt she dodged the second shot and rushed him.

Swinging her right blade towards his chest, she missed and he aimed, striking her thigh with another bullet, the leg shook as if to give way.

Allessandra dropped into a roll to dodge two more shots, she slashed at his shins, the cuts landed, but she got a kick to her side. It was only a dull pain, wrapping her arms around his leg she held the man in place. One quick motion as she stood up knock him onto his back.

The man's leg was cradled under her arm by his foot, Allessandra raised one blade and pointed it at him "who hired you?" She asked. "Ok, I'll tell you but first, I need a promise." The man said.

"What?" She asked, and no sooner than the words had left her mouth, he rose his gun and fired. The bullet struck her thigh and tore open the bullet sized bruise that had formed,  visible through were the heat of the shell has burned clear a patch of fabric.