Sweet Caroline

Allessandra buttoned up the blazer of her black pinstriped suit

Allessandra buttoned up the blazer of her black pinstriped suit. She doubled checked the hidden blades on her wrists. With a sigh, she eyeballed her coffee on the counter, cup number nine, and with much regret. "Going to work with little to no sleep probably wasn't the best idea in this line of work." Allessandra exhaled. "maybe it will be a lite day." she said to herself.

A loud knock sounded off at her door, Allessandra poured out her cup into the sink and headed off.

"You look good, the Boss has a job for you already," Carbone said in a dry tone as Allessandra opened her door. "Carbone, morning to you too - what's the job?" She asked. Carbone tilted his head "nice suit, the boss wants you to ride with me to handle a small problem." He said.

Allessandra locked the door behind her and let Carbone lead her to the elevator. "so a small problem? Does this small problem have a name?" Alessandra asked. "What I do is a personal thing, it helps if I can speak to them by name." She added.

Carbone pressed the button on the elevator and fixed his leather jacket, "Caroline Morrison." he said carefully. Allessandra turned a sharp eye to him. "A woman?" she asked, her arms folded across her chest as she shook her head "hell, no. " 

Carbone rolled his eyes, "Caroline, isn't a woman. no matter how great the costume is." He said. Allessandra's eyes thinned into a glare "do they go by she?" She asked him. "no." Carbone sighed, Allessandra fell silent, scowling as the elevator stopped and the doors opened.

Carbone struggled to keep up with her fast pace as she stormed out ahead of him. "hey slow down would ya! you don't even know where I parked!" He called. Allesandra smirked, "I remember what your car looks like I can find it." she hummed.

Her feet stopped behind a black car just up the street, Allessandra glanced at Carbone from over her shoulder. "It's not all that impressive that you remember what a car looks like, doll." He mused, taking out his keys. Allessandra shrugged, a lite smile tugging at her lips "Proved you wrong though, I'll settle happily for that." She said.

"cheeky isn't cute either, now-" Carbone sighed in irritation as he held the passenger door open for Allessandra, "Get in." He said.

The car ride was very quiet, Allessandra found herself watching the traffic go by outside of the window with Carbone stealing side glances at her. Coming across a light Allessandra gasped, watching as a black car ran the red light. "Break, break, break!" Allessandra shouted. Carbone slammed his foot down, and the impact of the stop and the crash of the second car nearly knocked Allessandra right out of her seat belt.

"Cathain!" Carbone called, Allessandra's head was swimming, sounds echoing around in her. "Holy mother..." she exhaled in a groan. Allessandra touched her fingertips to her head, examining the few droplets of blood. "Come on Cathain." Carbone urged, Allessandra crawled across the seats to follow him out of the car. Lending her his hand Carbone pulled her out with a slight tug and guided her across the street into an alley.